We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Wondering About the Cricut....

I see Make the Cut is not supporting the Cricut's anymore?  Just wondering as I just got the new Explore Air 2 and wanted to do Rhinestone Templates and can not find any software to help me out.  Can I still use this software for that on my Cricut?  Or no......

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,527
    edited February 10
    The latest and only legally available version of make the cut does not support cutting to any circuit machine.

I don't think those old versions that did support cutting to the Cricut will even support direct cutting to some of the newer Cricut models

If the Cricut software you're using allows importing of SVG files you might be able to design your rhinestone pattern in make the cut > export as svg > import to your Cricut software
    Post edited by Gabe on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,235
    @Snowland - Make The Cut! has not supported Cricut cutters for 4 years now. Any version of MTC that did support a Cricut will definitely not support any of the new Cricuts. It only ever supported the Expression and anything that was available up to the release of the Expression. Use the cloud software that you get free with the cutter you have, or use the latest version of MTC to design what you want, export to svg and then import to the cloud software supported by your cutter.
  • SnowlandSnowland Member Posts: 2
    thanks so much, I kinda figured that, but was hoping....  Wish I would have researched a bit more before I bought the Cricut.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,235
    @Snowland - I agree, you should have done a better job at researching cutter and your software options =). One of the reasons MTC exists is because of the limitations of the Cricut family of cutters.
  • PennyPenny Member Posts: 1,997
    @Snowland ; You can make your files in MTC --> Save as SVG --> upload into Cricut Design Space.
    Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 117
    @Snowland - In my opinion Cricut is the best cutter machine ever. I tried some cutters and I found in Cricut the best combination: solid structure, accurate cut, easy to use and very affordable so don’t punish yourself for purchasing a Cricut machine but been forced to use "their" horrible software is a high price to pay, if you love freedom to create like we do. The suggestion from others members here is a brilliant idea. Use it so you don’t need to give up on your Cricut!