We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Make the cut for mac

thiarathiara Member Posts: 1
on a mac: where is the folder to add the cricut plugin? 
also is there a link to older versions of MTC 3.2.1 for mac?

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,806
    edited February 9
    Quite a while back Support for Cricut machine was removed due to legal action from the makers of Cricut
    Therefore there is no legal way of obtaining that older versions the did support the Cricut
    I think the Mac version of MTC only ever supported the KNK Machines
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,009
    thiara said:
    on a mac: where is the folder to add the cricut plugin? 
    also is there a link to older versions of MTC 3.2.1 for mac?
    First, there is no folder on the Mac version of MTC because there was never a Mac version that worked with the Cricut cutters.  The Mac version was released well after Cricut support was removed from MTC and, as Crazy_Mr_Zing already noted, the Mac version of MTC only works with a KNK cutter (or a cutter like the Black Cat or Silver Bullet that can use the KNK cutter's plugin.)

Second, there are no older links to any version of MTC prior to the version that is now on the home site to be downloaded. You would have had to already owned and backed up for your own use any older versions of MTC - if you didn't buy it and have it, you can't get it now. Provocraft sued MTC, not once but at least twice to ensure that you could no longer obtain a legal copy of MTC that would work with their cutters.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.