We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Need help with repairing lines and merging

Hello,  Would someone please refer me to a tutorial or help me to learn how to fix the attached file?  I scanned two different documents to get all the shapes on one mat.  Next, I tried to join the pieces together.  I am having a few problems:
1.  Heart Outline.  There was some text at the bottom of the page when I scanned the document and it looks like this text was not readable (I didn't want it anyway) and it has split the outline for the shape.  How do I fix the line and move the nodes to make the outline for the heart?  I have no idea where to even begin to make these changes in the software.  I tried opening the "edit paths at node level" but, trust me, I am making it worse when I delete or try to move those.  I do not know what I am doing!!! 
2.  Merge.  How do I merge all of the pieces together so that there are no cuts where the shapes are joined?  I clicked the merge button but it does not seem to do what I need it to do.  Ideally, the whole piece should be green (except for the small heart piece, which should be cut out.  I would like to have heart with the leaves cut as one whole piece.
Thank you so much in advance for your help.  Can't wait to learn!
--Lisa M.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.