We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Changing size in PCS

Hi all.  I looked through all the posts and could not find a thread about what I'm going to ask.  I am having a small problem and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, that I set the card in PCS as 5x7 and when I import the SVG it's 5.640 and 8.238, something crazy like that.  Any ideas why the size changes?

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,552
    edited February 6
    I'm guess the are some extra nodes residing outside the 5x7 planes in PCS
    If your happy to share you PCS file and MTC file I will take a look

To add a file use the Attach File Button (Red Arrow)

Or drag the file form where it's saved and drop into the message box

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Anjoy2Anjoy2 Member Posts: 4
    Wow thanks for looking that's really nice!  This really isn't a big deal because I can resize it in Silhouette Studio but I was wondering why it would happen if you set the size when you start the design.  Today I was thinking that it would be really great if this program gave you the option to print the SVG or PDF backwards so you can cut from the back of design paper.  Do you happen to know if that's possible within the program?  I know I can do it from my printer preferences. Thanks for your help!!!!
    Ok so you export svg from PCS and Importing to Silhouette studio
    I'm not sure but think this  issue occurs due to different programs using different a dpi

As you can see your card imported to MTC the correct size for me

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,310
    I am still confused why you have an issue - if I cut to my zing the popup is the size that I set for the page and page size can change. You can export as svg and print what you see on the svg. Have you tried export - machine  settings - svg? It must be that silhouette studio imports the svg exported from pcs at a different size. Not all programs are standardized as far as importing svgs.

I found an old thread  http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/40944/mtc-svg-to-open-in-silhouette

As discussed in the Webinar last night, you can resize your MTC files to 125% and they should import correctly into Silhouette Studio Designer Edition. That software assumes that the file came from Illustrator, which exports SVG files at 72 DPI. SCAL allows you the option of exporting in various sizes. MTC imports all SVG files at their proper sizes, and exports at 90 DPI.