We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

can't find my printer

samilee0904samilee0904 Member Posts: 1
I have just purchased a Cricut explore one, specifically to help with my wedding invitations.  It has given me nothing but trouble!  The design space, and yes i have enough internet, takes forever, doesn't keep my fonts, and apparently i have designs that are too intricate.  What I really want to do is a print and cut.  I simplified the design, changed my internet from google chrome to firefox, i have restarted, cleared the cache, exited, and cricut STILL can't find my printer.  I was able to calibrate with my printer... but now it can't find it.  I am running windows 10 so i don't know if that has anything to do with it.  Any help would be great.  I wanted these invites out 2 weeks ago!!

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,009
    Welcome to the Make the Cut software support forum.   This is not a "generic" cutter forum but one for MTC and its supported cutters.  MTC is a 3rd party software program that works with a variety of cutters but not the Cricut.

While a few users here may also use that machine, you would get the best help from Circuit support.  Unfortunately, the did away with their support forum a couple of years ago now.  If you do Facebook, look for a support group on Facebook that works with the Cricut machines, the explore in particular.  I know there are several Facebook groups people started.  (I don't do Facebook and don't do Cricuts anymore so can't give you more specific help then that.)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 157
    edited February 2
    @samilee0904 - First, please, change this issue to Off Topic so we can help you without any problem.

We’ve a Cricut Expression 1 and in my opinion it’s the best cutting machine ever. We are very happy with this cutter because the strong structure and the accurate results. But, as I already said to the Provo Craft CEO, we stopped buying Cricut stuff and upgrade to new machines because the horrible software that he insists forcing us to use. MTC is the best cutting software for old Cricut cutters, in my opinion.

So, if you want to get the maximum of your cutter, replace it for another brand. Again, it’s not about the Cricut cutter quality but the horrible software that you’ll be forced to use.

About your problem, a screenshot of your display with the error message and the printing options window will be helpful to identify the problem. For while try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cables (printer and cutter) from your computer but using respectively the same connections, I mean: don’t change nothing, just disconnect and reconnect each one and wait a couple of seconds before going forward. New USB connections need some time to install drivers and it’s because we don’t use to change the connections all the time.

This discussion has been closed.