We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

my image is being double cut

I am trying to cut out some invitations but the lines keep being double cut resulting in the paper tearing. Any help?

i am using a SVG file created in adobe illustrator.

thank you

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,296
    @imogenlees - this is a common phenomena. Expand the layer of the SVG you created, and you will likely see that there are duplicates of each shape. Delete the duplicates and problem solved.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,321
    @imogenlees, what software are you using to cut your invitations?  You are on the MTC user support forum.  Make-The-Cut! is a great piece of software that can connect with some cutters, such as the Silhouette Cameo, the KNK Zing or Zing Air, and others.  There is a list of the cutters it supports on the site download page.

Make-The-Cut! is also a vector design program so you can easily create cutting files for your cutter.  It has features that make it easy to trace things like line drawings or PNG raster files and then create a cut file.  It also has the ability to import an image and then export it as an SVG.

On the download page link above, you can download a trial version of the software. Try it out and see if you like it.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,959
    edited January 31
    I am trying to cut out some invitations but the lines keep being double cut resulting in the paper tearing. Any help?

i am using a SVG file created in adobe illustrator.

thank you
    emphasis added

If the SVG file was created in Adobe Illustrator, it probably has both a fill and a stroke assigned.  If so, that will usually result in "double" lines when exported out as an SVG file. Thus causing it to double cut.  If you are creating your own SVG file or are having someone to do it for you, remove one or the other to eliminate the most likely cause of the double cut.  This is true no matter what software you are importing the SVG file into for cutting or the cutter being cut to.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)