We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing Air won't work!

hobbeshobbes Member Posts: 4

Hi--
When I try to cut with my zing everything goes fine until I hit the cut project button.  Then the knife moves back to its starting point (from where I set it with knife point) and it pushes the material I am cutting through the zing bed.
It did that a few times and then it just stopped moving the knife at all when I try to set it with knife point.

Any ideas?  Thank you.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,649
    edited January 25
    Ok sound like something possibly beyond me but lets just confirm what is happening
    -The cut with box pops up
    -You select knife point as cutting mode
    -You click on set blade origin and move the blade to the desired start position,   with the arrows and click finished
    > I believe when you set the origin you must move blade to the left even if its just a small distance if not it can cause a issue sometimes.
    -Then you click cut project
    ...Then the zing moves the blade to the far right and rolls the mat through

Have you tried a different file
    As this is your first message I'm assuming you are a new user do you have the Zing / Make the Cut user manual available here http://www.iloveknk.com/support/zing/

sometimes it helps us help you if you attach your file using the button on the message tool bar circled here

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,362
    @hobbes - Are you on a Mac or a PC?
  • hobbeshobbes Member Posts: 4
    That is exactly correct Crazy.  I am on a pc.  I have been using the zing for a year or so with no problems.  then all of a sudden this happened.  I am not sure what you mean about the message bar...
    oh.  I understand the file.  I did not try a different one actually.  I will do that.  thanks.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,649
    edited January 26
    I suspect this is an issue beyond my knowledge the more information you can provide will help others determine the issue

Does it happen with other files ?
    Does the box appear with the progress bar indicating the data being sent to the zing ? and progress to finished even though the zing has stopped
    Are you using MAC or Windows?
    What connection USB or Bluetooth?
    Is the file large ,highly detailed or both ? This is where it helps if you can provide the file if you which to keep it private you could send it to @SandyMcC via private message

I mentioned the message tool bar in relation to attaching your file to the forum so other can see
    the button indicated in this image is a way of doing that

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    well what do you know.  another file worked fine!  Strange because I have used the other one numerous times before.  Thank you for your help.  I will see if I can figure out what is wrong with the one that is not working.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,362
    @hobbes - going to suggest there is something astray on your mat way over to the right for the file that gave you problems. CTRL+A to select all, and see where the bounding box goes. Let us know.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,008
    It could also be one of the bugs related to setting the origin.  If you try the file again, avoid using the up/down arrows too much in the set origin window.  For example, try to have the mat already positioned with most of it behind the Zing Air instead of using the buttons to move it into that position.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Air
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    KNK / MTC Videos: http://bit.ly/1kmAcoO
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
This discussion has been closed.