We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC on Windows 2000 [Resolved]

DavemcDavemc Member Posts: 5
edited January 24 in Resolved Issues
is it possible to find An older version that will run on Windows 2000? My computer crashed and burned and now I'm using an older one. MTC set up ok but wont run at all.
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,204
    Could be a memory problem - how much memory does your old machine have.  I've run the version I've got on XP in the past with only 4 gig memory.  It is now running on Windows 10 OK with more memory and a faster machine.  It should certainly fire up - check that it is installed correctly.  Others will be along shortly who know what they are talking about!!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,042
    Davemc said:
    is it possible to find An older version that will run on Windows 2000? My computer crashed and burned and now I'm using an older one. MTC set up ok but wont run at all.
    There is no way to legally obtain any version of MTC prior to the one that is presently available to download from their home page. The only way to load an old version is if you have the old version saved yourself on another computer, disc, thumb drive, etc.  

What version of MTC are you trying to run/use?  What cutter are you trying to cut to?  Have you downloaded all the appropriate drivers for the cutter and have you downloaded and installed the needed plugins?  Simply saying "MTC set up ok but wont run at all" doesn't really tell us a whole lot either.  We need some more information to understand and try to help you troubleshoot the issue.  For example, does MTC in fact run on the computer, but its simply not talking to the cutter?  Or, it seems to install okay, but when I try to open it, it never opens.  The more details and information that you can provide, the better someone can try to help you.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • DavemcDavemc Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for all the good info MeFlick.. guess I should have been more specific..MTC installed fine but wouldn't run . A window said it was missing GDIPLUS.dll was missing .
    after actually trying the 1.0 version that wouldn't run either. It took a bit of a hack but I'm up and running now.. here's the hack in case anyone needs it;
     start/run/Regedit. Search the registry for the file name (it wont come up in a normal system search). In my case another program (solid works) had "stolen" the .dll file and put it in its own folder..then follow it's path to it's location on the drive. Copy the file (DO NOT MOVE IT)..then browse to C: windows/windows nt/ program files/ make the cut. Open the folder and paste the .dll file copy in. Close everything and restart.. yer good to go!
    Just cut a stencil with my 24" cougar using the KNK plugin.. perfect!
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,042
    glad you got it working for you.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,926
    I'm quite intrigued anyone would wanting to run version 1 of MTC 
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
This discussion has been closed.