We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Looking for driver for 24"silver bullet

lacunalacuna Member Posts: 3
Hi all,
I just bought a silver Bullet secondhand and can't get the driver. We registered with the company but haven't heard back yet and there is no phone number. Can anyone help direct me

Best Answer

Answers

• lacunalacuna Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. Do
    You know if there is anything else I will need. Sorry this is all new to me
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,977
    lacuna said:
    Hi all,
    I just bought a silver Bullet secondhand and can't get the driver. We registered with the company but haven't heard back yet and there is no phone number. Can anyone help direct me
    First, you don't say what country you are in - but if you are in the United States then the "contact us" page has the contact information for the US distributor which includes a phone number.  It is found here: http://thatsscrapinc.com/contact-us.aspx 

Second, not sure when you registered it with the company but, the original owner has to contact them and transfer the registration to you.  Plus, if you just did it today - its the weekend and you may have to wait for the work week to get help with this particular item (transferring the registration to you.)  Once you have successfully transferred the registration, they will give you full access to their forums and Learning Center.

They do not support the use of Make the Cut software (upon who's user support forum you are on) with that cutter.  They sell it with SCAL and only provide support with that program.  You can use MTC with it but you will need to use the KNK Maxx (not Maxx Air) plugin if you wish to use MTC with it.  If you plan to use MTC with it, be sure to search the forum here for some other "notes" that apply like the X/Y offset, the correct baud rate setting, etc.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • lacunalacuna Member Posts: 3
    Sorry I didn't know I had to specify which country I was in. I'm in Alberta canada. If that helps. I will contact the lady I bought it from. Thanks for the help
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,649
    The issue seems to come up quite often you'd think the machine supplier would provide simple automated online way of transferring ownership of the machine
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,008
    @lacuna, do you have a cutting software program that works with the SB?
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Air
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    KNK / MTC Videos: http://bit.ly/1kmAcoO
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,977
    lacuna said:
    Sorry I didn't know I had to specify which country I was in. I'm in Alberta canada. If that helps. I will contact the lady I bought it from. Thanks for the help
    No, you don't have to say what country you are in.  The only reason I asked is because there are only 3 distributors for the Silver Bullets.  One is based in the United States, one is based in the UK and one is based in Australia.  Knowing which country you are in, helps me figure out which distributor the machine was probably purchased through so that you could be pointed to the correct one.  Since you are in Canada I would believe it was bought through the US distributor, That's Scrap, Inc., which is the contact link I provided to you above.

One final note, the original purchaser cannot transfer the cutting software to you for use with the machine.  Most of the software programs EULA (End User License Agreement) provides that the license to the software is not transferable. As a result, you will need to obtain cutting software like Make the Cut (MTC) or Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL).  You can download free trial versions of both to try them out.  There are some limitations with the trials so be sure to confirm what they are.  Make the Cut doesn't limit the trail period, SCAL limits it to 30 days I believe.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.