We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Circuit Expression error: load mat, when mat is loaded? HELP

vshoevshoe Member Posts: 1
the mat is loaded into the machine, pressing cut, I'm getting: ERROR: load mat?? Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,194
    @vshoe - what software are you using?
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,745
    edited January 17
    If you have more than one cutting program open at the same time could be causing ERRORS
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 83
    edited January 19

@vshoe - Our production is large and I use the same computer for 2 cutters and 2 printers simultaneously. Of course, for that to happen, everything must be planned prior to a better use of time and sometimes we can't get 100% success but we do the best we can. Part of the production from the printers is cut in guillotines because it is much more practical. However, I never had any problem with having more than one cutting software open at the same time but, of course, everything is possible.

Screenshots of your display (settings and error messages) or photo of your panel could help us better to identify the problem.

• dlballdlball Member Posts: 1
    The site states no longer compatible with cricut is that true for expressions 2 as well
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,934
    dlball said:
    The site states no longer compatible with cricut is that true for expressions 2 as well
    Yes, MTC is no longer compatible with any Cricut / Provocraft machine. Those who may reference using it now would have purchased MTC when it was originally compatible with original Circuit machines and have chosen to keep the old out of date version in order to continue to cut to the Cricut machine they own. There is no way for anyone to legally obtain that old version and the plugin needed. Provocraft sued MTC multiple times to ensure that. If you own one of their newer machines, the Cricut Explore - that uses their online program to cut with, you could use MTC to create a file, then export out as an SVG file and import the SVG file into their program. That is the only way to use MTC with any of their machines if you did not previously own the old version.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,307
    edited January 24
    @vshoe, as Little_Berry said, having MTC and another cutting software both open at the same time can lead to conflicts that inhibit cutting.  In essence, each software is saying, "It's my cutter!" and they don't play well with the othern.  If you have Design space open, and also MTC open, both connected to the same cutter, it would behoove you to close whichever software you are not actually using, so that only one software is trying to control the cutter.
    edited January 27
    @Little_Berry @Gabe
    As I said before, everything is possible because it depends not only on the software you are using but also the performance of your OS (multitasking), the performance of your hardware (cutter and computer) etc. However, this theory of "It’s my cutter" doesn't make any sense because a cutter works like a printer: simply receives an instruction from one or more devices and processes it, one by one, inline (buffer). But I was curious about this theory about two different software and I decided to make a new test here. We have all the devices in a private network so we can access any device from our three computers but we use only one to operate our two cutters because it’s more practical. This time we used two computers: a desktop (build) and an upgraded laptop. On each computer, we had four open software: MTC 4.1.0, MTC 4.6.2, SSBE-V4 and Cricut Design Space. We positioned each shape in the virtual mats carefully to avoid over cutting, we loaded both cutters with a 12x12 cardstock paper and we started sending to cut, alternating one-by-one between both computers. We had no problems! All the shapes were cut... no conflicts!

Some suggestions to avoid any kind of conflicts by trying to insulate the problem:

1.       Make sure that your computer has a good performance. Upgrade some parts if necessary! Building your own computer is a guarantee that you’ll always have the best for much less money. If you don’t know how to do it, pay for this service;

2.       Make sure that your OS is always updated. It’s very important and it’s because Microsoft says that it’s mandatory now on Windows;

3.       Keep all your programs updated and all the drivers as well;

4.       Be more careful with your stuff. Never delete a program, for example. Use uninstall it instead;

5.       Antivirus is not a medicine… it’s the oxygen! You must have it and you must use it!

6.       CCleaner is one of several good cleaners and it’ll keep your Windows Registry healthy after uninstalling programs inclusive;

7.       Keep your devices clean and with the latest firmware;

8.       If you use Wi-Fi make sure that you really have a good Wi-Fi performance;

9.       If you use wired connections make sure that you have good cables;

10.   Stay tuned with new programs on your computer and when you notice something wrong, ask the manufacturer of both programs. Now it’s very rare conflicts between programs but is still possible, especially when one of them or the OS is older. Also never expect too much from a free program.
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,745

tuicarlos  

A lot of Great info

What I meant was Historically  2 programs CAN cause problems not that they will and I believe it is best to have only one "like" program open at a time It will also cut down on User confusion

@Little_Berry - I agree! Like I said ...everything is possible... and in my 10th suggestion I explain why.