We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help needed with placecard I'm trying to make...

I am trying to make a placecard for a birthday party that has the number 80 that pops up from the top of the placecard.  I haven't really used MTC to it's full capabilities and have no idea how to do this.  Thought I did, but everything I have tried the 80 will cut away from the placecard rather than be attached.  Can someone please direct me to some directions on how to do this.  I also have Popup Card Studio, but have never used it.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,925
    Liz posted a tutorial in another recent discussion that maybe help

Tutorial: Make a cut out place card

I also post a rather involved print and cut method in the same discussion 

Give it a try if you have any question just ask
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • cropgalcropgal Member Posts: 286
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,563
    @cropgal - you will want to use a Stencil style of font, otherwise you will have things fall out of the 8 and the 0 as they are totally closed shapes. You can find some free ones at dafont.com
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,563
    @cropgal - if you wanted to have the 80 in a contrast colour that you would glue to the place card, then a regular font can be used, a thicker one would work better. You would only need to add a shadow layer of the 80, make sure its thick enough and use blackout so there are no holes, then use another shape as a big eraser and Boolean join to remove the bottom part of the shadow layer. Then node edit remove the line at the bottom of the shadow layer so you just have a single line that will cut out around the top of the 80 to make a pop up. Here is a quick draft I did:

So the bottom layer is the place card shape - 4 x 4 square. The next layer is the cutout around the top of the 80 and the dashed lines for folding...I then removed the bottom part by using a rectangle and Boolean join to remove the bottom, then use the node edit tool to remove the line at the bottom of the shadow, leaving just the upper part that acts as the part to let the shape around the 80 pop out. Cut the 80 in a contrast colour and attach with glue.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,204
    Hi here's a possibility if you want to append your 88 and have a cut backdrop - the name tag can be placed in after you have folded and made up the place card - means you can cut more then one or use them more then the one time!!  No glue just latch together.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
This discussion has been closed.