We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing pressure inconsistent

Crap!  I'm in the middle of an order, and my Zing isn't working right!  I've owned it for several years, had it sent in to the shop for repairs once already...it's an original, and I'm cutting from a mac and/or a windows computer. It's been cutting fine, and then it wasn't. Some parts of the files are cut correct, and some parts look like there isn't enough pressure.  It's very inconsistent. Here's a couple of photos showing what I mean.  Look at the c and the E, it's not cut as deep (all the way through), as the rest. Makes weeding so time consuming, if even possible!  Anyone have any suggestions for me?  
It's also been cutting taggy...not sure what's up with that either...it used to cut so perfect!  This is a brand new blade btw. Running at .25 offset, and yes, I've tried other offsets too, and this is the best I can get now.

Sharon rose, from
Facebook Artfire Etsy Twitter Pinterest
I am a famous artist, I just haven't been discovered yet!

Comments

• roseofsharonroseofsharon Member Posts: 214
    edited January 4
    Oh, and I checked to blade for bits of stuck vinyl, and the blade is clean. I checked multiple times. And I've only been using my machine off an on for a half hour today.
    Sharon rose, from
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,028
    Just a couple of thoughts because I don't own a zing!  Is your mat properly sticky and did you brayer down your card to it thoroughly.  @cutterpunk might have some advice that will help you.  I know that on the Force if the Mat is not consistently sticky and/or I do not brayer properly I get these sorts of inconsistency problems.  Did you look at your blade under magnifier to see if it is chipped.  It might be a new blade but it can still get chipped.  Hope you get it sorted soon.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • ChadatKNKChadatKNK Member Posts: 416
    Check to see if your cut strip has "valleys" in it. If you seen and indentations in certain areas, it'll need to be replaced. As a temporary solution, you might try placing your vinyl on a cutting mat, instead of directly in the machine (assuming that's how you're cutting now).

If you need some further assistance, give us a call at 800-268-3672 Extension 2.

Hope this helps!
    Vice President - Accugraphic Sales, Inc. Need support for your KNK product? contact us here: http://knkusa.com/contact/
  • roseofsharonroseofsharon Member Posts: 214
    Blade is not chipped...after chipping many new ones on changing them, I have developed an bit of extreme ocd about it, and it is now no small task!  :D  Also, not using a mat.  @ChadatKNK, I checked the strip, and there are no issues with it.  I will try a mat anyways after work today...and you may end up getting a call from me!  
    Thanks for your input guys!  I hope to get this machine back up and singing in tune again soon!
    Sharon rose, from