We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Trouble with Paasche Air Eraser

I have a Paasche Air Eraser and blasting cabinet. I'm using aluminum oxide 220 grit. The only time it with etch glass or stainless is if I repeatedly push down on the trigger. If I hold it down to do a sweeping motion then it still only etches the initial spot. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Posts: 9,236
    @crystalzin - we are not a support for air erasers specifically, although many members use them. YOu might do better contacting the website you purchased this from, or the support link on the Paasche website.
  • GabeGabe Posts: 4,313
    edited January 4
    @crystalzin, I suggest a Facebook group named Kreative Air Eraser as a place to ask these sorts of questions.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/633126146806199/

I have used a Paasche air eraser many times.  Which one do you have?  If it is the one that looks like a metal air brush, it has a small screw on top of the grit hopper.  You can turn that screw to increase or decrease the amount of grit that comes out when you press the trigger.

Also, what size compressor are you using?  Do you have a moisture trap attached to your air line?  Moisture is created by the compressor as it does its job.  So a moisture trap is essential to keep the grit dry.  If the grit gets damp it will clog in the nozzle.

What PSI are you blasting at?  An air eraser should work fine at 60 PSI.  Going higher than 80 or 90 PSI can damage the internal parts.  Your compressor should have a gage on it that shows the PSI setting.  If not, you should purchase an air regulator gage.  That will let you set the pressure.  There are even combinations of the water trap and air regulator, sold as one piece.