We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Black Cat cutter

akabekakabek Member Posts: 2
Hi, I am looking at purchasing a used 24" Black Cat cutter.  What items would it have included when it was new?  I want to make sure all the required items are there.  Are parts still easily accessible for this cutter?  Can I still get support for this cutter?

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,008
    edited January 3
    What was included when new and what if any support is reliant in part on who the original purchaser purchased from.  In order to ascertain that info, you need to know who the original seller was.  Hopefully, the person looking to sell it to you can provide that information.  You would then need to reach out to the original seller and ascertain what if any support you can obtain from them.

I will note that the Black Cat cutter is a good cutter (I had one for several years.) But it was "replaced" with the Silver Bullet cutter (which I now have.)

The only "required" items for most cutters is the cutter, the power cord, the blade holder, blade, and a mat.  Blades and mats are considered "consumables" and do need to be replaced as used and become worn out.  Mats can be recondititioned/restickied but will still eventually need to be replaced, sooner if heavy cuts are made into the mat. The mats and blades, blade holders, etc. from the Silver Bullet and the KNK machines can be used in the BC cutters.  As can others, you just have to figure out which ones you want to try.

The software that was sold with the cutter can not be transferred with the cutter according the the EULA of the software program.  As a result, you would need to purchase new software to run the cutter.  Both Make the Cut software (upon who's support forum you are on) and SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) have drivers that will work with that cutter. You can download trials of each to determine which you prefer.  MTC's trial is not time limited, SCAL's is.  I believe it is a 30 day trial period. 
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • akabekakabek Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the comments.  I also email Sherri at the Silver Bullet Cutters and her stock of parts for the Black Cat is getting thin.  I think the Black Cat is a Foison cutter and available under other brand names but if parts are getting harder to source that would be problem.  I may just looks at other brands.
This discussion has been closed.