We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing - First Time Blade Change (After 4 Years)

mitch5252mitch5252 Member Posts: 93
Since I had a bit of a difficult time cutting my first heat transfer vinyl, I thought I'd change the OEM blade. 

I removed the little holder, carefully took it apart and found this. 
Left is the original blade - parts and spring.
Right is the replacement blade I want to install.
They're pretty different.
Is the new blade on the right compatible? 
Do I need that little brass part for the new blade?
(I've had the Zing about 4 years, with not a lot of usage...) 

Comments

• mitch5252mitch5252 Member Posts: 93
    edited January 3
    OP HERE - Just looked at the Zing manual - this "original" doesn't look like the original! I found the OEM blue holder and I think I have it taken care of now. But still - does anyone know what blade that is on the left? 
    Post edited by mitch5252 on
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,724
    That Blade holder and the blade look a bit like a Graphtec or one of it clones
    Does the top part of the blade desperate for the blade ?
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,361
    edited January 3
    The silver blade holder in the picture is not a KNK Zing blade holder. Did you purchase a used Zing that came with that blade holder? If so, perhaps the original owner could give you information about the blade.

KNK told us that the Zing blade/tool carriage could grip many different blade holders, not just those sold by KNK. People experimented, looking for blade holders that used less expensive Roland style blades, or blade holders that clicked to extend the blade.

So there are a lot of different blade holders employed by Zing users.
    OP HERE. I bought the Zing new (please see first post after original post), but I obviously changed the blade for some reason and completely forgot all about it. Like I said, the Zing hasn't had a lot of use! :(
    That Blade holder and the blade look a bit like a Graphtec or one of it clones
    Does the top part of the blade desperate for the blade ?
    LOL - I was only desperate to figure out how to get a new blade installed! All solved, thanks to the manual! And to answer your question, the silver one does screw apart for blade insertion, and it adjusts for depth. 

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,108
    Glad you got it sorted - will we be getting some masterpieces  LOL
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
This discussion has been closed.