We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,492
    edited January 3
    Ok I've not done this before but here a webinar video
    Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio Q&A Webinar - December 09, 2014
    01:52:13 MTC: Bryan returns to Julie’s question regarding creating weeding lines
    they was discussion of doing a better tutorial video but I've not found that yet

Now that I worked it thought it not to tricky well not when someone shows you
    it basically change the weeding line to rectangle remove the text from those rectangle by boolean joining then converting what remains of those rectangles to single line using thin paths

My example Text of and rectangle background

Create a copy of each and hide the originals

Use the pencil tool create a line over lapping background (copies)
    hold ctrl to keep it straight

Duplicate the line to create suitably spaced weeding line

with all these lines create a tiny shadow I use 0.01mm
    I also unchecked auto simply output
    Discard the original lines

Select the line-shadows and the background do boolean join intersect
    to crop the line-shadows to the background 
    I also unchecked auto simply

Select Text and the line-shadows do boolean joint difference
    I also unchecked auto simply

Select the line-shadows and use thin paths to convert them back to single lines

Make the hidden original text and background visible

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • ahuntingahunting Member Posts: 642
    Holy Cow!!  I thought it would be easy.....  : (  Anyway, Thanks @Crazy_Mr_Zing !

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,492
    edited January 4
    I didn't think it being too difficult , a little tricky maybe
    maybe its the way I explained it

Thinking about it further maybe I could have made it simpler
    as cropping the line to fit the background is not necessary if you don't a little extra vinyl waste as the cut line may extend outside the background if you

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,194
    @ahunting - it's only hard the first time around. Some people create the lines and save them as a shape in their own Basic Shapes category, then the file is there for when they need it.