We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Roll feeder

MilyMily Posts: 2
Hi, newbie here, just joined, have a question re. roll feeder. I`m using a Portrait and I want to be able to make long banners etc. so I bought a roll feeder and some 8" vinyl on a roll. Problem is I thought the roll feeder, advertised as being Portrait compatible would take any width of roll or at least the capacity, 8", of the cutter, but it only takes down to 9".
Do I have any other options ?

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Posts: 3,006
    Hi - welcome to the Make the Cut forum where we discuss issues that affect this software.  I'm afraid I can't be of any help but there maybe others who can advise you, who will be along later.  They should be able to tell you where to look for solutions even if they can't provide one immediately.  I'd look back later and see if there has been any responses.  People are based all round the world so their time zones may be different to yours.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • marsmars Posts: 1,113
    Doesn't look like you can adjust the rollers smaller than 9".

I would look at extending the cardboard roller by at least a half inch.

If I were doing it I would turn some plugs out of wood to insert into the core of the roll and ride on the feeder rollers.  Do you have a woodworker in the family?

You might be able to use PVC pipe.

You are supposed to adjust the white rollers on the cutter to the width of the material - Your material would not be completely against the left roller on the feeder - don't know if that is a problem or not.   

Welcome to the forum - if you have questions about MTC this is the place to be.  If you have general questions we often have experience which may help - 

-Mike
  • marsmars Posts: 1,113
    edited December 2016
    I looked at a video and see that the base of the feeder has cutouts for the feet of the cameo and also some for a narrower machine I guess they are for the Portrait.
    So I think if the portrait can feed 9" rolls and cut 8" cuts your easiest solution is to buy 9" rolls in the future.
  • MilyMily Posts: 2
    Thanks for replies, I`ll do as suggested by Mars whilst I use up the 8" and extend the tube and for the future buy 9" material ................:-)