We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Cameo 3 - Software cutting help!

bronxnzbronxnz Member Posts: 1
Hi all,

I have a Cameo 3 with the Cameo software. I have high quality real-size 300dpi CMYK Photoshop designs I save as transparent PNG's that I want to print and cut from the Cameo software. The only problem is, the software cannot pick up where to cut properly, and cleanly. The trace cut lines are absolutely shocking. I have played around with the thresholds and filters and it doesn't get any better.

The design is large, black, with crisp outlines. How can I get the Cameo software to trace around it CLEANLY so I can print and cut?

Please help!

I was under the impression this could cut detailed fine designs.

Comments

• cleversomedaycleversomeday Member Posts: 1,183
    This is not the best place to get help with Silhouette Studio but let me take a crack at this. It might help to post a screen shot to show what your cut lines and original look like. I assume you are exporting your png at high resolution for the best trace and turning high pass off.
    If you have Make the Cut or Silh Studio Designer Edition, you can save from PS as SVG so that no tracing is required.