We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Glitter Vinyl Issues

DTJBDTJB Member Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in Tips and Tricks
Hello! I'm sure this has been discussed before, so please feel free to direct me! I'm new to the vinyl world and have been working with my Silhouette Cameo and all has been going smoothly. I recently picked up some cricut glitter vinyl and it has been a mess. I can't for the life of me get it to stick to the transfer tape. I have changed my cut pressure, used the clear transfer tape that comes with the glitter vinyl and used transfer paper that came with my Cameo and the glitter vinyl either doesn't stick AT ALL or comes off-with some of the white paper backing attacked. I'm wasting so much vinyl! Any tips? 

Comments

• HappyCrafterHappyCrafter Member Posts: 2,652
    @DTJB ; I just recently used some of that vinyl and I found that I had to use the transfer tape that was supplied with the vinyl and I had to brayer it hard and well before it would stick to the transfer tape supplied with the vinyl. 
    As long as the bicycle wheels are still turning, life is good. Sharon in North Central Idaho
  • AnointedHandsAnointedHands Member Posts: 796
    I've never got cricut vinyl to stick either. I guess the only thing you can do is to rub over it hard and fast. I just threw mine away and never tried again...oracal is so much easier.
  • DTJBDTJB Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for responding! It seems like I cant press hard enough or I press too hard! There is no in between. So frustrating. 
This discussion has been closed.