We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Cameo to cut Abalone veneer - Query

GazboGazbo Member Posts: 1

Hello Everyone. New to this forum today !

Does anyone know (or have tried) I want to be able to make some decals/stickers for my guitar work. I wanted to find some Mother of pearl - effect, or Abalone effect vinyl for these. I have so far (in UK) been unsuccessful. I have found some "Flexible Adhesive Veneer overlay stuff on ETSY.

(Thickness: 0.006" inches (= 0.15 mm), excluding double-sided tape and protection cover).

It is expensive - if it's not going to work !

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of cutting this kind of stuff on the Silhouette Cameo (Or would it wreck the blade?) or where I could get some mother of pearl / abalone effect vinyl please? If so - what settings would you recommend ?

Someone somewhere must have access to this material, as I can find hunderds of "Pre-cut designs" on eBaY.

Very best regards to all

Gary.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!