We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Printer help

LarossLaross Member Posts: 1
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
I have a printer that keeps getting jammed when I try to print in card stock.  Can anyone suggest a printer that will take the card stock?  I have a Silhouette Cameo and I am working on  Mac computer.  It needs to be Mac compatible.
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,653
    edited December 2016
      What printer do you currently have and how old is it? Sometimes the paper pickup device gets worn or coated in residue that can cause paper feed issues. Sometimes cleaning this off improves paper feeding.
      Some printers have a lever you set for thicker media.
      If you check you printer's specs it should list the recommended maximum paper weight. 
      What weight card stock do you want to print on?
      Are you considering Laser or Inkjet?
    Usually the straighter paper path allows thicker paper to pass through compared to printers that feed paper around hairpin tight turns.
    Post edited by Gabe on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • LaurieBLaurieB Member Posts: 177
    I will tell you what I don't recommend.  I have a Brother MFC-J885DW, and I am quite disappointed in the print quality.  It also regularly freezes up with false paper feed errors using any kind of paper.
    cutting with Cameo
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,070
    I use Epson printers but they are fussy - love the print quality tho but there are other printers that are more suitable for thicker card.  I agree the Brother print quality is not good.  Bought an all in one and ended up giving it away and going back to Epson.!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,365
    @Laross - my Epson will print quite a heavy card stock and Epsons are Mac compatible. It prints on water colour papers that are very thick, textured and stiff.
This discussion has been closed.