We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Newbee have problem

I just purchased Make The Cut software. I am using it with my Silhouette Cameo. I am trying to cut a vinyl sticker. When I try to cut the cutting head makes a few taps on the vinyl and then moves all the way the right of the cutter and stops

Any help will be appreciated

Ken

Comments

• GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,393
    edited December 2016
    @ksilvers, did you register MTC?  Did you also download the Cameo plug-in?
  • CraftyGirlCraftyGirl Member Posts: 507
    @ksilvers ; Be sure Silhouette Studio is closed as well. Studio and MTC don't play nicely with each other.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,533
    And @ksilvers, make sure that there are no objects outside of the cuttable area of your cutter.  The "few taps" on the vinyl is the plugin setting the blade direction, and then moving all way to the right of the cutter is it moving to the first node to start cutting.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,190
    If you want to pop up your file one of us will take a look and see if there is a problem with the file - sometimes ghosts can attack!! in the glyphs - you can't see them but they are there and need to be tracked down.  Try using the wrench (bottom) and click on flatten paths might get rid of the offending node.  If you would rather not make your file public click on one of us and pm it for safety.

Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,034
    If you are used to using the Silhouette software, in it you can drag objects off the mat and leave them off when cutting and their program does not "see" them there and ignores them when cutting. However, in MTC, that is not true. MTC sees "everything" and assumes that it is "cuttable" unless you have it on a layer that is "closed."  As a result, if you have something laying off the mat - it is going to try and cut it if its layer is not closed (or if everything is on one layer.)  So, do you have things off the mat in MTC but not on a closed layer?
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.