We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Layer order in Make the Cut which reflects the order the cuts should cut

I created a right and left bottom for a 18 inch doll shoe.  My new cutter ArtisticEdge is not supported my Make the Cut so I am having to export as a SVG the problem I am having is when I send it there the cutter is cutting all over the place.  I can change the sequence of the cuts in Artistic Simple Cut 7.1  but it is not holding the settings.   I looked at the layers in Make the Cut and the order is all over the place.  For the life of me I can not remember how to change the layers in Make the cut to cut each shoe in the order it should be without cutting over the top of the other one.  Is there a place I can find how to change the layer order to reflect the correct way the shoes should cut when I bring it into the Simple cut 7.1 software.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,575
    edited December 2016
    I not really understanding what you meaning
    It might help Us understand if you can attach you MTC file

You can change the order of layer by using the up and down arrow buttons on the layer menu
    although I'm unsure if that changes the order the shapes are cut in MTC as I think it automatically calculates the best cutting path
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,047
    If you have each layer separated then to re-order them use the arrows to up or drop them in the list.  That way you can sequence them in the order you want them to cut and then export as an svg.  Presuming your software imports the svg in the format that MTC exports it you should end up with all your layers in the same order or upside down which means you would need to reverse them in MTC before exporting.  Best of luck.  This is just an expansion on what Crazy_Mr_Zing suggested.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 6,977
    edited December 2016
    The layers do not necessarily cut in the order they appear unless the software by Artistic Edge is designed to cut them that way.  You would need to find out how to control the cut order in that program in order change it.

@Di-Lite's explaination is for a different program, not MTC and not whatever the Edge is using.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Air
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    KNK / MTC Videos: http://bit.ly/1kmAcoO
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
This discussion has been closed.