We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Acestate sweet treat cup file

derbyfourderbyfour Member Posts: 8

Hello all

Got a beach birthday party coming up for my granddaughter in December and looking for an acetate Sweet Treat cup file (round). Happy to purchase the file. The sweet treat cups are expensive here in Oz and imported from US so time is now a factor. 

There used to be a file here on MTC forum but the link no longer works.

I have a hankering to make crabs, turtles and assorted sea creatures. 

If you can help it would be much appreciated!

Irene

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 2,925
    edited November 2016
    I might be able to help - I've got some glyphs of crab, lobster and turtle - but do you want pnc or filligree outlines.  Take a look on my Force bazaar under baskets and see if any of them would do.  Google would bring up lots of png/jpeg files that might be more suitable tho.  Mine are very basic.  Happy to help if you find some pics that you want converted.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • derbyfourderbyfour Member Posts: 8
    Hello Di-light

Thanks, for getting back to me. I will have a look. 

Not fussed with the filigree outlines sound good :-)
  • VkruzinVkruzin Member Posts: 229
    Funny you should ask for that type of file, I just finished making treat cup cards for Christmas gifts.  Here's a website that I came across it's called the http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/the_cutting_cafe/ She has all sorts of files at a very reasonable price.  Enjoy!
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 2,925
    Hi @derbyfour ;
    I've put a few items up that might be useful under Animals in my Force Bazaar.  Not sure if they are OK as I haven't scrutinised them properly.  I think the eyes might fall out of a few of them.  If you like any of them and want me to revamp them I will do so - otherwise they will be put on my back burner for a later amendment when I will add lots of other ones as well.  I can't find the coloured ones of the Walrus and the harper seal but I know I've got them - probably on my old drive so I will have to hunt them up later.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,253
    I think you want a pattern for a round favor box and not the decorations - but the sweet treat boxes that were used by stamping up were pressed acetate, so no seams. If you were to make a round favor box with acetate then the tabs needed would show ( like a hat box).  You might be able to repurpose plastic packaging inserts to hold the candies or use acetate sheets that is raised with foam tape like they do with shaker cards. Another idea is to use plastic sandwich bags.
  • derbyfourderbyfour Member Posts: 8
    thanks all for your replies.  I will play with the files for my next venture.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,479
    edited March 12
    Were you looking for a pattern for the card part or for making the acetate cups Not sure how one would make a cup shape that didn't leak?  but i could imagine maybe making a squared box out of acetate still would be tricky
    So here's my idea what about the small disposable clear plastic party containers for dipping sauce etc that look a bit like pudding cups of the have some embossed marking on the bottom but the could be hidden with a ring of card or even a full circle or something like that . If they had a lid you could do them a bit like the eos lip balm
    Now I said puddling cup I had a thought what about the dome lids disposable cup you can get without a hole
    You could try a wholesale packaging place you might be surprised what you may find the will fit the purpose and look great

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • craftyladycraftylady Member Posts: 167
    Does anyone know where to purchase the sweet treat cups? A google search turned up nothing. I think Stampin' Up used to carry them but doesn't anymore and the link to the cutting cafe shows that they will sell you a few with a card order. So you can't purchase a lot of them there.
  • VkruzinVkruzin Member Posts: 229
    I had taken apart some old cards that I had kept and used the acetate from them, but you can also find sheets at a craft store.

@craftylady It appears stampingup did then but they are discontinued in every page i find

I found it in the packaging world they a called face seal blisters or combo blisters
    I don't suggest you would be wanting to buy 1000 they other place i found was a 25000 min order lol

http://www.stockclamshells.com/round-blisters/
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,253
    I bought some nice little treat cups form walmart last week - I think they were $2.50 for 50 with lids as well. They look like Crazy Mr Zings picture on left. So far I have been using them to mix glue and starch together for flower making - but something like that can be used for the cards as well.
    edited March 13
    You seem to be able to get them in the uk Treat cups  and also Shaker Card Domes   also if you search amazon for"Pvc Card Shakers"

Im all for re-purposing when it saves $ I'm thinking with a little be of creativeness the lids from this type cupcake packaging might work
    So I guess I will just have to but lots of cupcakes Now because it saying me money lol

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
  • craftyladycraftylady Member Posts: 167
    Thanks but I'm with you, not willing to order from the UK and don't need a lot. The only problem with the cupcakes is that I would feel I had to make them myself so again I would have too  many! BTW your amazon link isn't working.