We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Saving drawings and the pen tool

SimmerSimmer Member Posts: 478
I have drawn several Christmas cards and would like to know- If i save them in adobe Illustrator as an SVG what is the trick to  bring them into MTC - and have a white gel pen draw the designs on my cards? 

I was able to bring them into MTC but I could not get the Force to start drawing them-  Im wondering if its a setting in Adobe that im missing -  Thanks!

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,028
    Bound to be an Adobe setting - I think @SandyMcC has done some chat on this one somewhere.  Not sure if it's in the manual or elsewhere tho.  If you got MTC to take them in and exported as an svg from MTC then import into C3 you should be fine!!  Says an idiot who hasn't got a clue!!  LOL
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,959
    Good morning Simmer.  Unlike MTC, which immediately treats text added to the Mat as an "object" or "path" (which is why it is not editable as text in MTC once it has been added,) other programs like Illustrator, Inkscape, SCAL and others do not.  Text is still deemed to be "text" (and thus editable) until the user manually chooses to convert the text to an "outline" or "path" for an SVG cuttable file.  

Its early here and I don't have the information or software on this computer that I am on, but I am pretty sure that SandyMcC covers the basic steps on what to check with an Illustrator file you are saving as an SVG file in the Force Manual so I would check that.  Basically, with text you have to find the options needed to convert your text to "outline" or "path" so that it just a vector outline, not text.  A quick google search will also net you that basic information.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,296
    @Simmer - all the resources you need for the Force can be found in the Files section on the FB page.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 6,947
    Reading your initial question... you cannot directly communicate with the Force from MTC. There's no plugin for it. You need to either use C3 or SCAL. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Air
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    KNK / MTC Videos: http://bit.ly/1kmAcoO
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • SimmerSimmer Member Posts: 478
    edited November 2016
    Thanks everyone - happy Veterans day!  My husband and i, our son, both my sisters - both my nephews - my dad, step dad - uncle are all vets/active duty too

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,296
    @Simmer - thanks for your service. My Dad was career military, I was thinking of him yesterday, and the many Remembrance Day events we went to over the years when I was a kid.
This discussion has been closed.