We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Can anyone tell me how to get the split monogram file?

Chris_gChris_g Member Posts: 1
I am a new Cricut user. I just received my vinyl and have been trying to learn how to make the split monogram. I'm having a heck of a time. Any help for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Answers

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,348
    Are you trying to do this with MTC software or design space? This is real easy to do with MTC and there are past webinars that tell you how to do this. Since this fourm is geared to learning how to use the software Make the Cut! - I will explain how to use this software in making a split monogram.  The easiest way is to use 2 rectangles, one taller than the other. Copy the more narrow one to your clipboard. Then use the original narrow rectangle with "boolean join" to split your gliffs (mongram letters).  Then paste the copy of the more narrow that resides in your clipboard  onto  the wider rectangle and "join". Then "weld" this joined shape to the split monogram. You might want to increase the separation of the monogram so the space between the glyphs are wide enough to add some text between them. To do that you will have to "split". Below is an example I did . It is actually faster to do this than to explain how I did this.

• beginner158beginner158 Member Posts: 8
    Thank you.  I am not the one who asked the question but this is good to know.  I purchased MTC long, long ago but then have been taking care of sick parents and have not been able to learn it.  I currently have a Cricut expression that I cut with.  Are there still tutorials available for the old version of MTC with the cricut plug-in?

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,348
    edited November 2016
    All the very early webinars are for Cricut users. My buying MTC postdates that time and the lawsuit and I only have the "latest" ( 2- 3year old version) which actually does more. There is a way to have both versions on your computer - if you search for it on the forum- and you can swap svg files between them.
This discussion has been closed.