We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

With Great Sadness I bought SCAL Today ;(

hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,794
It isn't so much a further delay, but the crickets, @Andy.  I needed an update. Something.

I would have happily paid the $60 to you just for the plug-in for the Force. I said I could be patient, but that I wouldn't wait forever. MTC still has bugs with the Zing. 

Such a shame.

Lynne Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!

Comments

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 6,947
    I agree... It is a shame. :(
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Air
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    KNK / MTC Videos: http://bit.ly/1kmAcoO
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,551
    edited October 2016
    That current Sale price is a bargain what is it $30 off
    I'm been playing with SCAL demo version off and it seem quite functional and has improved all the while
    It different that is all, I'm sure you will soon get used to that and find bit you really like
    I really like to guide lines that appear when the shape you working with or drawing align to the left, right and centre of the others

SCAL workspace to me has the feel of other drawing programs like Corel AI
    The only thing I find difficult is the pixel trace and thats because it is really different and I haven't taken the time to learn
    I always just thought MTC was better than trace but recently on the Force FB Group someone by the name of Lynn ( I'm sure they are a member here just can't connect the names ) shows what scal trace can do 
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • milliejsmilliejs Member Posts: 260
    Does it work with the Zing or KNK Maxx?
    Millie Speck Zing/KNK Dealer A Speck of Charm & Farm Love cutting up
    milliejs said:
    Does it work with the Zing or KNK Maxx?
    Yes. It works with all KNK models.
    Sandy McCauley
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,293
    Very big shame.
  • lightroselightrose Member Posts: 155
    I bought it today also, to see how different it is from MTC.
  • SharonSharon Member Posts: 155
    I think he's lost all interest in the program.
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,758
    edited October 2016
    OMG!! You guys are going to put  MTC in a Nursing Home.
    Post edited by Little_Berry on
  • KwiltKwilt Member Posts: 1,359
    I LOVE MY MTC!!! It works perfectly for what I use it for.  <3

I do miss the excitement of getting new updates though. This place use to hum...
    Proud MTC Member Since: 12/25/2009

LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ LOVE MY 15" KNK MAXX!!!!
    MY BLOG: CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND COFFEE
  • scrappingmom2007scrappingmom2007 Member Posts: 1,415
    Sharon said:
    I think he's lost all interest in the program

We don't know that.  Sometimes life gets in the way.   Speaking as someone who has fought a serious chronic illness and major life changes in the last 6 years.  What we want to do and what we are able to do are not always the same thing.  Hoping life calms down for him and he will eventually spend more time on MTC.

Pazzles Vue and Silhouette portrait owner.
  • undecidedundecided Member Posts: 492
    Scrappingmom2007. So true I have had to take long Hiatus is from crafting because of Health as well as family things. So I get that. Even if he's not doing updates and making plugins just checking in with us that we know that he still is even paying any attention at all to this that this is even consideration would make me feel better as a user. I don't regret MTC worth every penny. But the constant crashing, and seemingly being abandoned, led me to buy the scal. Do I have to admit I've had it for 2 days and have not even downloaded it or opened it to try I've just been using my MTC. Even having paid for scal as a backup, I would be much happier with MTC being revived. After the whole cricut thing iy felt like such a community...

Does anybody know if there is a forum like this for scal?
    Sharon said:
    I think he's lost all interest in the program

We don't know that.  Sometimes life gets in the way.   Speaking as someone who has fought a serious chronic illness and major life changes in the last 6 years.  What we want to do and what we are able to do are not always the same thing.  Hoping life calms down for him and he will eventually spend more time on MTC.

I totally understand what you're saying. However, if this were the case,  the correct thing to do would be to notify KNK USA that you are unable to fulfill a commitment made to the company, rather than continue to promise but fail to ever deliver. 
    Sandy McCauley
    undecided said:

Does anybody know if there is a forum like this for scal?
    There is... you can find the link on the site where you bought SCAL. However, be prepared for a very unfriendly user interface. MTC's forum is SO much nicer and easier to follow, in my opinion.
    Sandy McCauley
  • milliejsmilliejs Member Posts: 260
    If we would lose the forum would we also lose the gallery???  I have been telling everyone how great the program is and that there are thousands of free files.  Is it possible that our files could just disappear???
    Millie Speck Zing/KNK Dealer A Speck of Charm & Farm Love cutting up
  • SharonS_579SharonS_579 Member Posts: 164
    I have found lots of pages/groups on Facebook for SCAL and lots of videos on Youtube.  I must admit seeing the demos peeked my interest, however, I am just a crafter (I don't sell things) and MTC is enough for me for now.  However, I am toying with the idea of buying a different cutter, so who knows.

Sharon Greenwood, Indiana
    @milliejs - anything is possible. If the server space is no longer being paid for, then yes the files could be removed.
  • PaperGrandmaPaperGrandma Member Posts: 357
    I also jumped ship and ordered SCAL.  I will continue to watch for ability to purchase or update MTC for use with my Force as MTC is my preferred program.  Very willing to purchase if an update is made.

This is how KNK answered a user's question about the Force and MTC on the KNK forum:

The plugin is developed by Make the Cut, so they’d be the ones to implement any feature requests.  There haven’t been any significant updates or bug fixes to MTC or the plugins in awhile, but I think user feedback can be a good motivator and you should consider posting in their forum or submitted a ticket there.
    You might consider submitting the same feature request to SCAL as they’re actively developing their product.
    Adding presets for your settings within the existing plugin could add some efficiency, though it falls short of fully automating it.

• autumn_girl64autumn_girl64 Member Posts: 4
    Hello - I'm new to the forum. Purchased MTC few months ago mainly for ability to convert TTF to single line for rhinestones and using the wrapper feature. I'm more familiar, and comfortable using Brother ScanNCutCanvas and Silhouette Studio especially when it comes to importing various vector file formats. The one thing I'm struggling with in MTC , is  when I import svg, eps files(multiple colors) into the program, they don't import the same as with SSDE (WYSIWYG). I want to be able to export .eps to .dxf or .svg to be cut with Brother ScanNCut2. Thanks!
    @autumn_girl64 Welcome
    you have added this question on the end of a discussion titled "With Great Sadness I bought SCAL Today ;( " it is best it you start a new discussion using the "New Discussion" button on the upper right side of the forum that way it is more likely to be noticed by people that can answer your question

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files

@autumn_girl64

Welcome to MTC Land, where all your dreams come true MTC does export to SVG files for importing into BSN'C and Sillywet. Now before one of the old people have a heart attack Please start a new discussion :D .        your knowledge of other software will be invaluable to others. So please keep coming back. Have a happy and joyous Crafty Day

edited November 2016
    Welcome to MTC Land, where all your dreams come true MTC does export to SVG files for importing into BSN'C and Sillywet. Now before one of the old people have a heart attack Please start a new discussion D .        your knowledge of other software will be invaluable to others. So please keep coming back. Have a happy and joyous Crafty Day

@Little_Berry ; ***Although I again found your reply belittling
    As requested by the moderator I have now removed my reply In the interest of forum harmony
    maybe its best I consider removing myself as well
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    Don't be offended!  I burst out laughing when I read it and I very much consider myself to be one of the "old people" she was referring to!  :P
    Sandy McCauley
  • autumn_girl64autumn_girl64 Member Posts: 4
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing and @Little_Berry
    Thank you both for educating me on proper forum 'etiquette :p '...sincere apologies for any misstep....again I'm new here (posting) and often find it difficult to know when recent comments are posted so I was quite excited when I stumbled onto this one :)
    @autumn_girl64 ; There's no rules set in stone
    it was just a friendly suggestion as not all visitors read each and every discussion so your question may have been missed by those that could actually help
    Now from one of the "old" people, as I have been around on this forum since the beginning, and I also have grey hair. I think that qualifies me as "old" in a couple of interpretations of the word. I have also been around the internet since BEFORE  Windows 1995 - yah we used the internet like we do texting today, but on a 14" b/w monitor with a butt ugly clunky keyboard. So that makes me ancient, not just old, in internet life terms. So in essence, hijacking a thread by changing the topic or jumping on to the topic is considered bad form by internet standards, and in many instances would have initiated a lot of flaming, LOL! But we are pretty friendly here, I am happy to say. The theory is that if people have already read most of the thread previously, they won't check in again when someone comments well after the problem has been solved. So starting your own post that is automatically floated to the top of the list where it may get more attention, just makes best sense. And it's all a learning curve.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,321
    @Liz_A, yup, that's how I got started.  I set up a BBS system in 1990 using an 8086 PC clone and connected it to the Internet for email and Usenet.  In 93 I shut it down because even at that early point I could see the new thing called the world wide web was going to kill off bulletin board systems.  And I do remember some epic flame wars, which I am so happy that kind of thing hasn't happened here.  :)
    lol @Gabe memories came flooding back...I got free usenet through a not for profit organization called FreeNET. My very first use was to contact dog breed owners and lovers, as we had promised the kid when we moved into a bigger house we would get a dog...and so we had. So long ago. The dog was a ripe old age of 15 when we did the right thing and put her down (she had cancer). And the kid, well not so much a kid any more, LOL! He cut his teeth on the keyboard and floppy disks. 
    What's a floppy disk?
    @Little_Berry - oh what you missed out on!
    @OldaQuad - ROFLMBO And cross your fingers that nobody picked up an extension on the phone!! I had AOL for a very short time...it would take about 15-20 minutes just to let the updates download...every time!! So glad I dumped that very early in the process. 
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,321
    Not sure how we got on this topic, but check this long, but funny video  
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,028
    Well I fit the bill for an oldie although a relative new member of this Forum.  Love it here with the humour, wisdom and incredible amount of knowledge.  Some of us might be past our sell by date but we are still alive and kicking!!  According to my sixth sense I've got another 16 years before I pop off (where ever that is to)!!  That's why I am putting so much stuff up so that people who want it can grab it!!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,794
    Started in DOS. Seems so long ago. I was deeply motivated to design embroidery designs in DOS in a minimal, very clunky, very difficult program that cost $600. The good ol' days? Not so much. LOL!

Lynne Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!
  • lonestarlonestar Member Posts: 49
    I remember DOS
    Someone is sure to ask...what is DOS? Disk Operating System, in today's world Windows or iOS.
    Uh, we're off topic again.  :D
    I guess I missed the sale.  I'm going to buy SCAL at some point.  The sale would have been the time.  
  • OldaQuadOldaQuad Member Posts: 18
    lonestar said:
    I guess I missed the sale.  I'm going to buy SCAL at some point.  The sale would have been the time.  
    Yes it's done
     I don't think your alone hopeing for a another sale
    edited November 2016
    svg tools has it on sale right now for $43.55.  I just have not convinced myself to hit the buy button.

• cutterpunkcutterpunk Member Posts: 25
    I ran a WWIV BBS in the 90s, but as soon as I learned how to compile Slirp to emulate a PPP connection on my shell account, it was all Internet.  I still remember when AOL got their TCP/IP stack and ruined irc.  Ah, memories.  :)

Gabe said:
    @Liz_A, yup, that's how I got started.  I set up a BBS system in 1990 using an 8086 PC clone and connected it to the Internet for email and Usenet.  In 93 I shut it down because even at that early point I could see the new thing called the world wide web was going to kill off bulletin board systems.  And I do remember some epic flame wars, which I am so happy that kind of thing hasn't happened here.  :)
  • jax3catsjax3cats Member Posts: 1,061
    @hwgang, I wanted to see how you were getting along with SCAL?

I have an eClips as well as a Gazelle so I have always had a foot in both the CraftEdge and MTC camps. My preference had been MTC because of its feature set, but eCal did excel at handling text.

I upgraded to eCal 2 (guessing it's similar to SCAL 4 Pro) A while ago but then had to take a long hiatus from crafting, so I'm just getting back into things. I did a few simple projects for the holidays exclusively using eCal 2 and feel like I can do everything I was able to do with MTC, though I am still fumbling over where various functions are located. i'm wondering what major differences you've noticed so far? Is there anything that MTC still does much better despite not having been updated in so long?

Eventually I think eCal. will become my go-to program and MTC will become the cutting interface for my Gazelle. And then if I buy a new machine just make the transition completely. Funny how things change and evolve when the tools you used to rely on don't.
    My name is Jackie and I am a papercraft and cutting newbie from Michigan. Now the happy owner of a Sizzix eClips, Bosskut Gazelle, and KNK Zing. The CE has left the building!
  • LisaMBLisaMB Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know if you can do a PNC in the trial version of SCAL? I know it will cut lines in my file, but I can't get it to see the reg marks, then it freezes ( I'm using a silhouette).
     I'm trying to talk myself into making this dreaded purchase so I can order the new Zing, but if I can't master PNC on it, then I see no reason to spend the money on it! Also, I'm not quite ready to jump on the their support page and hoping an SCAL user will be able to tell me here.
    @LisaMB - MTC will not print without registration, so no.
  • LisaMBLisaMB Member Posts: 12
    I created the file in the SCAL trial version.  The reg marks don't show up on the screen, but they do print with the image.  Supposedly, you can do any of the features in the trial software, it just won't allow a cut without cutting through it (just like the MTC trial does).  
    I would assume that the trial version would do a PNC.  However, since I don't do Silhouette support, I cannot help you with that. On the other hand, if you were to buy a Zing Orbit, I can guarantee that you will be successful with the PNC function in SCAL because that IS what I do... I make sure KNK owners get the help they need. 
    Sandy McCauley