We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

svg import in Cardstudio

Hello,

I want to design my own cards, using a drawing program. I mostly use Qcad. But when exported as a SVG file, cardstudio dont let me make anchors. I also imported the DXF cadfile into inkscape and then converted to SVG, but the problem stays.

I tried other programs, XARA and Serif Drawplus, but that dont give a solution either..

I have tried grouping, boolean add, polylines in cad etc.. hours long experimenting...nothing works :-{{

What to do???

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,401
    edited October 2016
    It hard to say what happening without see one of your file
    So i guessing here you can only attach anchors to are perfectly aligned to the axis's
    eg if you shape is on the vertical place the edge you attach you anchor to need to be perfect horizontal
    your shape also need to be a close path
    you can use the crop to to straight the edge you wish to attach the anchor

Left shape close and anchor edge is horizontal so anchor will attach fine

Mid shape is open  so it not possible to attach anchor

Right shape is closed biut the anchor is in NOT horizontal so it not possible to attach anchor

I've never used qcad but ensure the shapes do not have open paths before you export to svg

I'm not inkscape expert but you can use the edit paths by nodes tool and join selected nodes

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • robjudarobjuda Member Posts: 2
    This helps a lot! Thank you!