We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Anyone Tried LA Bulks Totally Awesome Cleaner to clean mat build up

Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,547
edited October 2016 in General
I read on another blog the this stuff is Totally Awesome for cleaning build up off mats
They say  It restores the stickiness to your mats. Just spray, wipe clean, and let dry.
Apparently you can get it at Dollar tree you guess it for $1
but think there are many stores that store it

https://www.dollartree.com/20-oz-Totally-Awesome-Cleaner/p8056/index.pro

The MSDS says its orange oil base so maybe similar to other orange oil base cleaners
I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,291
    If it is oil based, you would want to clean it off very carefully or you will get oil residue on your media.
  • NevaNeva Member Posts: 402
    I use Awesome all of the time spray, then use a brush to dislodge all of the paper lint, rinse, dry & like new!! I do not use anything else anymore & my mats last without re-stickying them forever!! Don't remember when I last bought mats! The Awesome is great in the kitchen too. Greasy stoves spray let sit a few moments then rinse. 

• Rosie0530Rosie0530 Member Posts: 2,987
    This is great to know. I use it for lots of cleaning but never thought to try the mats!
    Rosie in VA. originally from PA. Proverbs3:5,6
  • PaperZenPaperZen Member Posts: 210
    I've used rubbing alcohol to clean mine off and it worked great. It strips it down to the core. Then I use Aleene's Tack It to make it sticky again. Here's a video of how I did it without using a brush or dilution: 
  • craftyladycraftylady Member Posts: 172
    This is strong stuff. My daughter and her husband bought a house and I was elected to clean the kitchen. It did a great job on built up grease on top of the fridge and inside the range hood, neither of which had been cleaned in a long time. Since I have asthma i found out quickly that I needed to wear a mask when using it but it did the job.