We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

One "Step" Won't Anchor

CharoCharo Member Posts: 575
Why won't the second piece of roof, or step, from bottom going up, anchor?  The anchor tool won't show a yellow light on this step so I can anchor it.  P. S.  I know the top of the roof is not anchored; a second popup is going to be behind this one.

Ignore above please.  I still don't know why the anchor tool wouldn't work but I was able to bring in a rectangle and put it where it needs to be, and it anchored.
Member 30818
Post edited by Charo on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,650
    edited July 2016
    its because that (red arrows) step of not horizontal  if you set snapping to 1/128 and use the croping to just shave of a little then you get the yellow line then

did you draw the steps in PCS ?  how? the arched step function ?   if so I can't think how it got that way

i also spotted a issue in the corner (green arrow) which is why the little spike is there

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 575
    Thanks @Crazy_Mr_Zing.  I did draw the lines in PCS with the draw function and one of them was crooked somehow and I did crop it.  Another interesting lesson.  Was able to fix the green arrows and then anchor the red arrows manually.  After all that my plan didn't work.  Making double popups successfully is HARD!  Especially when using arches or steps like this.  I always forgot the length needed to make such designs pop out.

Besides that I still can't cut.  Waiting for Ron to get back to me.  Thanks so much for your help.  I love reading just about everything you post and did I remember to tell you your Tea House is gorgeous?
    Member 30818
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,650
    yes i learn a lesson with my double story tea house that is just because you can make it PCS and it looks to fold nicely that does always translate to a working card when you cut it .  after much trying i actually resorted to a enginering simulator to attempt to work out the link and levers etc its a bit like virtual meccano construction toy if you know what that is
    i sort of built the side view so i could observe all the bits folding
    sort that pushes that bit and that bit pushes then next. rather a long dirversion form a popup card ?????
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
This discussion has been closed.