We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Make The Cut! Version 1.2.0

AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
edited January 2010 in MTC Updates
Hello again!

Posted version 1.2.0.
To download, click here.

In this version:

Shadow Layer: Improvements
I improved the Shadow Layer feature. It's still not 100% perfect, but it's a lot more stable and prettier to look at!

Weld: To Be Continued
I tried to update Weld, but made it worse, so I just put it back to how it was. I am going to concentrate on weld for the next version. The only time weld is really a problem is when you try to weld Text to SVG/Traces. I wish it was something simple to fix!

Timeout Error Fix
Hopefully the "Timeout Error" issue has been resolved in Make The Cut! You can slow down/speed up the rate in which Make The Cut! sends data to your Cricut machine. If you get a Timeout error, try slowing it down. The new setting is in "Help" >> "Advanced" >> "Slow down data rate"

Selections are Dashed
When you edit-select something, the shape will now be dashed. This makes it much easier to see when on top of other shapes.

Warning Margins
I added "warning margins" to the mat. These margins are set to the exact same width and height as the margins on Design Studio. These margins are kinda like a "danger area", where if you place a shape inside of it or overlap a shape inside of it, it might not cut the part of the shape. You can still place shapes there -- and they may cut -- so, it's just a guide that Design Studio had, so it may be important.

Rotate with your mouse!
It's about time, right? Click on a shape so it's edit-selected (Red outline), then move you mouse to the upper left hand corner of the shape. Click and hold your mouse and move in a circle.

Move Magic Selections
This is something I have been wanting to put in Make The Cut! since I started it. Magic select a few pieces, then just click on any one of them and move the mouse.

Scale Magic Selections
Another great feature! Magic select a bunch of shapes. Hit "Ctrl+E" or "Edit>>Shape Magic>>Scale" and set a new bounding width/height.

Shape/Layer Lock
You can lock a shape, or group of shapes now! This is great if you don't want your mouse moving something it shouldn't. Plus when you click on something underneath the locked layer, it brings the buried shape to the top so you can move it. You won't have to Shift+Tab so much.

Gallery Fixed!
To everyone who couldn't download from the gallery, you should be able to now. If you still can't, please make sure Make The Cut! isn't blocked by your firewall.

Upload Window updated
Added a check box that makes sure you know that you can't upload copyrighted material. I know you won't do such a thing, but it's there for legal reasons.

As we continue...
I am going to be working on perfecting WELD for the next version.

Also, i want to get the gallery webpage put together better. It's really inconvenient to try to find something. Right now you can sort each column if you click on the column header text -- which makes it a little easier.

I have a nice list of TODO's which I will be implementing as well. Pretty much everything on that list are ideas you all have given me. Great ones as well!
I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
This discussion has been closed.