We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Shaped Anchors

I have watched @Susan's tutorial on "not just rectangular" anchors so many times and I just cannot understand what should be boolean joined to make the anchors at top of rose look right.  I love the look of the shaped anchors on the leaves but not so much at top of rose.  Can anyone think of a way to get this right in my head??
Member 30818

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,650
    edited June 2016
    I thinking you watch the tree video
    But not quite sure what you issue is so I will explain how I think i would do these
    firstly I wasn't quite sure so I put the rose with the cut out back
    Create a 0mm blackout shadow of the rose

Move to the horizontal plan of the to anchor point and paste
    I change the colour just so you can see a little better

Crop the top of the rose back to the top anchor point

align to bottom

Crop the lower portion of the rose to the vertical plane the original rose is on

flip

Move down z order to see effect

Copy and paste the anchor I change the colour of the pastes one so you can see
    move the pasted pink shape across to where you think it look ok

In my case the blue shape is  is z position 1  the pink is z position 20
    the the pink on above the blue
    the result after boolean join intersection
    Post edited by SBryanW on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 575
    Yes @Crazy_Mr_Zing It was Susan's tree video I watched.  She had two shaped anchors at the top of her tree but each was on a different plane and that's what I was trying to do with this pesky rose.  I got it done just like she (and you) are showing but she did a boolean join somehow to make the shapes look better.  That's the part I just don't get.
    Member 30818
    edited June 2016
    ok each anchor she didn't boolean joint between the to anchors

If it's the tree video I watched
    you do the separately  create the top one and then use a copy of that anchor to cut away some of if it
    the do the bottom anchor and copy that to cut some of the anchor away

ooooppsie I just realise i make an error I've fixed it now

The left side of the rose doesn't quite lend it self as and achor it curves away a bit much and the actual rose shape take away a lot of the card
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Good morning @Crazy_Mr_Zing.  Thank you for all the effort you made to help me get this.  I'm going to have to re-work it but I think I am following now.  
    How do you make the photos of what you are doing and post them for us anyway??  I have been wondering about that for some time.
    Member 30818
    On my old XP laptop I use a program called snagit
    windows 7 ,8,10 include something similar the snipping tool

I not sure what I did has the same effect as the tree as with the tree it made the anchor look like leaves using the rose it just looks like and odd shape
    Been over thinking this again but it just occurred to me the with the tree the fluffy leaves would be what you would from the top so they sort of fit

So I though what about using a rose shape viewed from the top
    Now quickly finding a suitable rose image from that angle they would trace quickly was more difficult than I thought
    I settled with this which was part of at stencil and doesn't really match the rose in the front view but it was an easy trace
    so its just a concept and I think needs far more refining

What do you Think @charo

@Crazy_Mr_Zing YES!!!  Your example is what I had in mind.  I did this with my rose except there were too many fine lines and I had to delete them to make a good anchor.  Your trace works better than my rose and it looks pretty cool too,k even if it doesn't exactly match the original rose.  I like the way you think!
    Member 30818
This discussion has been closed.