We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Is there any reason to keep wishing?

DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,743
edited May 2016 in Wishlist!
Is there any reason to keep wishing?
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,024
    @DarleneI - for what? LOL the minute you give up on your dreams and wishes, well need I say more?? I believe you might be wishing for a plugin for your Vue. There are a bunch more of us waiting for a plugin for the Force. =)
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,353
    I have know real knowledge of what involved with plugins
    I could imagine there be reluctance in creating any plugin without either a Direct request from the Manufacturer and or There Permission
    I wonder if MTC was open for it to work the other way eg Pazzles creating a plugin to suit MTC
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing - not such a crazy thought!
  • SteveC00kSteveC00k Member Posts: 128
    I wish then I create. 
    :)
  • dedethomdedethom Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2016
    What about the absence of comments from the creator(s) of MTC about any new release or  new update on MTC or any intention to update the software at all. I understand that the updates are free forever and that no more money would come in their pocket but we all agreed (for what I am reading in the forum) to pay more to get a ''plus'' version of MTC. SCAL had been updated more than 5 times in the last year only and is still updated on a regular basis.

Also, why KNK Usa on their web page, promotes MTC and don't even mention that SCAL is working from the box with the cutter (still need some update to use the full features, but is pretty good).

My wishlist: please, at least, give us some feedbacks
  • anewanew Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2016
    Andy mentioned in a webinar about a month or two ago that he is working on an update.
    Annette in Utah, KNK Force and Silhouette Cameo
    edited May 2016
    @dedethom - when was the last time you visited the KNKUSA products page? It has been there for a long while.

Also, a long time ago, Bryan forbid Andy from making promises about when, if at all, a new update would be delivered. =) Bryan has also stated that MTC is not a dead in the water product.
  • BobkatBobkat Member Posts: 788
    edited July 2016
    He may be working on an update now.  We have never gone without Webinars in the past.  It's been two months now - they may be avoiding going over old stuff when something new is right around the corner.  I just love it when Andy comes out with a new update and they have So may new things to teach us. SCAL does come with new versions but you still have to pretty much learn on your own.  MY cutter does not work with MTC but I can't do much with SCAL or ECAL. I work in MTC, save as .svg, import to ECAL so tat o can cut. That company does not have the support system tat we have.  When a new version comes out, that forum get very active again.  It's all good.
    Post edited by SBryanW on
    @Bobkat - I believe that Bryan explained that the webinar service (Go To Webinar) was too expensive to continue to pay for and they were going to look for an alternate platform to use that was less on a monthly contract or even free.

@tuicarlos - I have been here since the very, very beginning of MTC. I am also a very big supporter and believer in MTC, but never, ever have I expected to have an update or upgrade or new version, especially for free. =) Love to have one, and have often said, give us a Pro version that costs lots, but if its not coming, my moaning about it isn't going to make an iota of difference.
  • KSGKSG Member Posts: 1,566
    Liz_A, I agree to forgo the free updates for our beloved MTC. But An Update Pro Or Other Wise That Cost Lots Will Push Many People Out Of The Game, or at least put them on a very long save the money time frame. Some of us do not have money within hands reach anytime of the day. Please I don't mean this to be pointed at anyone; but some just can't do high cost software. Just One Reason MTC Is So Pleasing To So Many... 
    edited July 2016
    Is there any point arguing back and forth on whether the software should be updated infinitum. if you feel strongly that there a bug that really needs attending to really the only person the can give a response to if and when it would be attended to is the developer.
    As can only the developer say what their future plans for the software be  in regard to upgrade, new plugins etc
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing - you are right, there is no point to any of the arguments, until we hear something from the developer. It's a moot point.
  • CraftyGirlCraftyGirl Member Posts: 508
    Let's not forget, Andy is the father of young children and I'm sure they require some/most of the time he formerly used to work on MTC. :) I'd love to see an update/upgrade as well but will continue to work with what I have for now.
    There no point discussing it with me I can not provide you with the resolution you feel your entitled to
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,404
    Well dreaming up, upgrades is easy - getting a creator of the software to play is another.  There's gold in them there hills so if Andy wants to make a killing he needs to create a plug in for the Force.  He might then find he is in the mood to do some of the upgrades on the wish list.  On the other hand he might be like me and be overwhelmed by all the options people want.  It's one thing to do something one enjoys and another one to feel pressured.  If the idea appeals to him he will do it but until then I think we have to accept the software as it is - I will continue to use MTC because it suits me and also it's trace facility hasn't got a rival so even if I was to get alternate software I would still use this particular facility.  Thank you Andy for a good program, I will wait and see what happens.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • efghausefghaus Member Posts: 1,078
    I still think MTC is great software!  I have expanded into sewing and just used the  pixel trace feature on my scanned copy of the applique pattern in a kit I recently purchased.  I wanted to enlarge and  split up the different pieces so I could print them out on separate sheets of Heat and Bond. now I'm  off to cut with my zing!
    Eileen G on the spacecoast Florida Bye Bye Crapcut, Hello Zing. Where have you been all my life?
    edited July 2016
    @tuicarlos ;
    I never did Say I would not like to see Make the Cut Developed Further
    My point is Only the developer can answer the questions you are asking
    Sure we could all speculate on possible reasons why there has been little further development apart from a few bug fixes. Therefore rather than being a productive discussion where you get that answers it appear to evolve onto a public protest based on speculation
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
  • OldaQuadOldaQuad Member Posts: 18
    You should carefully read the following terms and conditions before using this software.  Unless you have a different license agreement signed by Make The Cut, LLC. your use of this software indicates your acceptance of this license agreement and warranty.

UNREGISTERED VERSION
    ---------------------------------------------
    You are entitled to unlimited, free use of the unregistered version of Make The Cut! (the Software).

REGISTERED VERSION
    For registered release you have to pay a license fee, by following instructions prompted by the Software.

You may:
    - use the Software on any single computer
    - use the Software on a second computer so long as the primary user of each copy is the same person and more than one copy is not simultaneously used
    - copy the Software for archival purposes, provided any copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices

You may not: 
    - permit other individuals to use the Software except under the terms listed above
    - modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction)
    - create derivative works based on the Software
    - copy the Software (except as specified above)
    - rent, lease, transfer or otherwise transfer rights to the Software
    - remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software

TERMINATION
    The license will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described above. On termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY 
    The Software is provided on an AS IS basis, without warranty of any kind, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
    The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is borne by you.
    Should the Software prove defective, you and not MAKE THE CUT, LLC. assume the entire cost of any service and repair.

MAKE THE CUT, LLC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES.

Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain in MAKE THE CUT, LLC. The Software is protected by international copyright treaties.

WARNING
    This computer program is protected by copyright law and international treaties.

Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted under the maximum extent possible under law.

• DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,743
    Not wanting arguing here.  I still use MTC every day.  It's tracing feature is the best.  I have several other programs that I paid for to see if they compare to MTC.  They do not!  I'd rather put my money on MTC.  I feel like I have more than received my money's worth!  Will shell out more especially if it would cut to my Invue too.

edited July 2016
    I think you will find some of the wish list item have been fulfilled. Some are asking for things that already exist they just don't know how to use the feature.
    Are you suggesting proposing that Andy obligated continue to upgrade the software to add more and more features?
    Your Correct make the cut is a business its quite possible the new sales don't warrant time and effort to provide such upgrades. as there is no provision of a income stream from existing users
    I would think the business of craft cutters has change since MTC was created many of the chainstore sold models include a basic design suite in the box allowing the user  create your own designs and the other actively blocked the use or 3rd party softwares
    Draw what conclusions you may from the fact that recently there's be little acknowledgement of the wish list topics and even this discussion which has been active since mid may
    So to answer the original posted question Is there any reason to keep wishing?  probably not while the wishes are not even acknowledged
    Post edited by OldaQuad on
  • lonestarlonestar Member Posts: 57
    I still like and use MTC and will continue to do so.  I have however also invested in other software including Corel, CraftnCut and the Business Edition of the Silhouette software to allow me to do the things I need to do with my designs.  I'm probably going to invest in SCAL as well before too long (I enjoy learning software).  I would certainly like to see some updates/upgrades and am disappointed that there is no feedback.  I would willingly pay for an upgrade to MTC.

I used to recommend MTC to others looking for software alternatives to the Sil software but don't anymore.  This is not because I don't like and use it but mainly because of the fact that there have been no recent updates or upgrades and no feedback as to whether there will ever be one.

This thread has not felt like an argument to me.  It's a discussion and a good one, in my opinion.
  • sandyjsandyj Member Posts: 821
    edited July 2016
    Mtc isn't 'just'  a standalone  program anymore, it was also picked to be the operating software for some knk machines.  That comes with more obligations and responsibilities than something you made and don't want to bother with, anymore.  Frankly, I'm surprised that knk hasn't decided to drop mtc in favor of scal, who updates often and includes knk cutters without being asked.  The fact that it was made to work with the force before it was even officially released, and mtc wasn't, says a lot in my book.
    Just MY opinion, your milage will vary. Like "Andy" but with an "S"
    Why would I continue wishing when it appears no one is showing any sign they are interested in listening ?
    I agree It would be great so see MTC continue to be upgraded and return to the market leader it once was
    MTC's largest sales driver would have been that you could created personal designs on a machine that the maker actively prevented you doing so we all know what happened there
    I can also understand that it's possible that there is no longer the earning potential to spend time on it . As the income stream for MTC is from New sales in a market that now has many more buyer options at some point a decision would have to be made should hundreds of hours be spent upgrading when quite possibly it would not increase sale enough to warrant the time spent
    Would I pay for an upgrade No. because should I need to do anything that make the cut doesn't do or does not do well I use other software like Inkscape and now AI or PS
    I would wonder how many existing users would make do rather that Pay for an upgrade many have made do with the bugs the the exist software has

SO where would the new sales come from ?
    Cricuit User NO
    Silhouette User maybe a few
    Pazzles Unlikely to be many until there a plugin even then ?
    KNK Force possibly but there are so many options SCAL won the race so those users would need a good reason to dump scal
  • fivecatmomfivecatmom Member Posts: 3

I don't usually comment on things but I am going to today.  I have an old software program for designing homes, paid $59 or so 12 years ago.  So I was looking for an update of some sort and I found a new software, could download a trial version. I did and it has SO many things new things I can do. Cost for this software over $1000.  I'll stick with my old one.

I use PhotoShop Elements and every year a new version comes out with all the bells and whistles, cost is a minimum of $49 if you can get them at Costco before that special is gone.  Usually they are 79 to 99 dollars.  Recently the PS Elements magazine (a digital version) has shut down --they are losing money.

With my cricuit, I had SCAL years ago, got MTC and have loved it for years.  I got a new Zing machine and MTC software came with it.  I still love it.  I know for what I paid for it I've gotten my moneys worth. 

The forum has been a big part of MTC. Not many other software products provide as much technical support and help.  I think it is hard after having good support to not have any questions being answered about the direction of the software. 

• DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,743
    All of us who bought this MTC software that learned how to use it have gotten our money's worth.  This program has entertained me for hours on end.  Like others have said many things on this wishlist have been implemented.  This program is not how Andy makes a living.  It started out as sort of a hobby.  Another thing I think we may need to consider is scrapbooking is not as lucrative as it was for a while.  The metal dies have taken over machines for a lot of people.  Even I have several of the really intricate ones and I absolutely love the stitched dies that came out.  Our cutters can't get the crisp look some of the dies get.  I'm sixty three yrs old.  I lost one of my best friends recently and she loved scrapbooking.  Her other fiends and daughter don't do scrapbooking.  Every hobby has it's day and then fades away.  

• BobkatBobkat Member Posts: 788
    edited July 2016
    Deleted by poster

Post edited by Bobkat on
  • scrappingmom2007scrappingmom2007 Member Posts: 1,433
    I love my MTC and like other have said I got my money's worth.    I love it so much I would be more than willing to pay for a pro version.   I have craft artist 2, scal, PSE 14, but MTC is my go to software.   I have the pazzles vue and the silhouette portrait and still prefer MTC to their software.  My biggest wish is a group function, I would pay for that alone:).
    Pazzles Vue and Silhouette portrait owner.
    My biggest wish is a group function
    I guess my idea of a group function is different as I'm thinking would moving the said items to a separate layer be similar once there they can be all selected as one and acted upon as a group ?

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!