We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Q&A Webinars will be on hold for the month of May

SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,266
We will be taking a break from the weekly Q&A webinars for the month of May 2016.  The plan is to start them up again in June.  When we do start up again, the webinar software used will probably be new.

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,967
    Thanks for letting us know Bryan.  Hope everyone who works so hard with them enjoys a well deserved break.  Thanks to all of you for all that you do each week with the Webinars for so many years now!
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,014
    Thanks Bryan - will miss everyone this month. Looking forward to June.
    Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 556
    Thanks for the info Bryan.  Will miss the webinars but am so pleased so know you are working on a plan that will hopefully be less expensive.
    Member 30818
  • ScrappinsassScrappinsass Member Posts: 37
    You all deserve a break!  Well except for Julie who is planning our retreat! hehehe .. Love ya!!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,341
    @SBryanW - you all enjoy the break...I think I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms already, LOL! Will look forward to June!!
  • lightroselightrose Member Posts: 155
    @SBryanW and @Andy, you both need time off. I have been attending almost all of these since I joined and even though some may be repetitive or similar, I still pick up on things and love learning. See you in June.
  • KayCriderKayCrider Member Posts: 84
    you all deserve a break off but will certainly miss the webinars in May and looking forward to June. Rest up!
    Yes they do deserve a well earned break. But man I am going thru no Webniar Withdrawal. I tell myself just a few more weeks. Everyone enjoy their time off.
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,178
    Come up with some good questions for when we start up again .
    Bye for now, Susan susanbluerobot@gmail.com | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,741
    edited May 2016
    Y'all can take a break but don't even think about stopping them.
    All of you involved in these webinars have provided such great information to all of us.  I have most of the programs out there for cutters but MTC is still my first go to program.  Would love some new upgrades.  (can I say that?) 
    Post edited by SBryanW on
  • lightroselightrose Member Posts: 155
    Hello, just wondering if the webinars will take place again.
    I enjoyed them.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,575
    There was a discussion last week they will be on hold a little longer

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/44164/webinar#latest

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • KayCriderKayCrider Member Posts: 84
    So is there a webinar tonight??? Miss them so much

KayCrider said:
    So is there a webinar tonight??? Miss them so much

I miss them also. Will be glad when they start back up.
  • pcbeachpcbeach Member Posts: 12
    Where do I post a project request for the next webinar?
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,967
    pcbeach said:
    Where do I post a project request for the next webinar?
    At this time, the Webinars have not yet resumed.  Once they have, Bryan will usually post a "sticky" thread at the top of the forum for people to post their questions to.  He usually did this late on the weekend before that Tues webinar but sometimes it wasn't done until Monday.  Therefore I would just watch the top of the forum for when he posts that the Webinars are being resumed and the thread to post questions to.

In the interim, if you have a specific question - feel free to start a thread and ask.  Someone may be able to help you, point you to an old Webinar recording where it has already been answered/demonstrated, or some other source (like Julie's, Susan's, Sandy's or others videos for example.)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • ACHACH Member Posts: 5
    Any update about when webinars will resume?

@ACH - if there was, you would read about it here. =) So, no update.
  • BobkatBobkat Member Posts: 788
    Feels like we've been abandoned.
    edited September 2016
    I guess after the many years of webinars most topics had already been covered.
    I've been watching some webinars from the past it surprising the little tip I've picked up
      I'm limiting my travels into history to about 3 years I'm think they relate more closely to the current version
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • milliejsmilliejs Member Posts: 260
    Hey Crazy, I agree...they probably have covered most topics; but, it would have been nice to have had that kind of a post.  You know, just say we won't be doing the webinars any longer.
    Millie Speck Zing/KNK Dealer A Speck of Charm & Farm Love cutting up
    Even if I knew everything there was to know about MTC and PCS, which I don't, it was so much fun to watch Susan and Julie create stuff.  I really miss the webinars.  For me I learned something every time.
    Member 30818
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 144
    edited October 2016
    @Charo ,in my opinion there is nothing more new that justify a new webinar. Try to watch all the webinars released until now. You'll learn a lot. Believe me!
  • dawndendawnden Member Posts: 104

And no new updates to MTC in forever, not sure why but I miss those too

• undecidedundecided Member Posts: 492
    Just to chime in, I miss them too!  I think they helped keep the forum fresh. and even thought there is nothing new happening software-wise (which i miss!)  People (including myself) were always trying new projects, and refreshing our learning. so it was very worthwhile.  You cannot have a question answered, or clarified watching a video, though they are nice to have
    I can see your point you can read tut's and watch old webinar showing the process sometime it just helps thing fall into place seeing the procedure using your actual project and should you actually be participating in the webinar it allows you  to ask questions right there and then
    In the mean while you can always ask directly on the forum
    @dawnden, unfortunately there is nothing good to say about the future of MTC. Lettering Delights is out and there is no answer from MTC. Make the Cut's copyright will expire in 33 days. In 180 days MTC will complete 4 years without any update. The webinars are gone and there isn't a single word from Andy. The worst part of this is that some users, who have MTC just to make a couple of Christmas cards in December, don't expect nothing from the creator, as they call Andy, and I think that it's the major problem. The miracle would be Andy comes up with a new and revolutionary version with a lot of improvements from the 4 years of Wishlist suggestions. What a big surprise uh?
  • milliejsmilliejs Member Posts: 260
    What will happen when the copyright expires?  
    Millie Speck Zing/KNK Dealer A Speck of Charm & Farm Love cutting up
  • juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,815
    The last update was 4.6.2 in April of 2015, and prior to that  March 23, 2013, version 4.6.1 was released. The huge release of version 4.6.0  was in March of 2013. Copyrights are good for 50 years and renewable one time after that. 
  • OldaQuadOldaQuad Member Posts: 18
    One could speculate that Its quite possible Make the Cut is at end of life.
    I've used Make the Cut for many years so I don't think i could personally complain as I think got my money worth newer user may not feel that way. For what MTC lacks I make up for with other applications

Lack of up dates I'm not so concerned about I tend to be more disappointed or maybe more concerned  in what appears to be the total and sudden abandonment of MTC and it community
    I can only suspect there's a very unfortunate reason behind this if that the case I wish Andy well and hope that reason quickly resolves happily

One think I do wonder about is I'm not sure but I suspect Make the Cut occasionally checks online that the registration is valid . Therefore if Make the Cut the company ceases to operate and closes down its online presence would this validation check then fail and the software revert back to unregistered ?  Certainly if the website was taken down the gallery would no loner operated as it is hosted on the web server

• daffeydildaffeydil Member Posts: 2,984
    Whether or not MTC is updated or not is no problem for me.  I use the program a lot for different things and it is invaluable to me.  Right now I am using it to make soap labels for my latest crafting thing.
    I just hope all is well with Ann, Andy, and their three little ones!
    Sharon
  • daffeydildaffeydil Member Posts: 2,984
    Oops!  I forgot to mention Bryan.  Hope all is well with him also.
    Sharon
    @juliefes, I think that it was on March 11th, 2015 or a few days prior but I didn't find any official release about 4.6.2 and nobody is calling that version as an update. Maybe because it was just a small bug fix for "some" users problems. But that's okay, let me rephrase my comment: in 180 days MTC will complete 4 years with just a very small bug fix as an update. See? It doesn't change too much! About the copyright I understand and there is still time to renew it but it was just a hypothetical illustration of abandon.
    @OldaQuad, I feel like I'm the only one who is really interested on MTC. This is because I love the freedom to create and I like the structure of this program. Have you noticed how fast MTC starts in comparison with other programs? We can export a file as a SVG and we can use it with another program. I love this! But for who uses others programs it's time to update. We can't ignore that there is always something better to try. If I were not interested on MTC I should never waste my time coming here. Honestly, doesn't matter if I'm alone on this. The important is if it happens everybody will be beneficiated. The true is: like previous releases, everybody loves an update.
  • samalesamale Member Posts: 12
    @tuicarlos Your not the only one that's interested. But it would appear the one person the really counts, Andy is totally disinterested. Word on other network is that he has taken a new job and doesn't have time for Make the Cut.
    Not even 5 minutes in the last 6 month  to participate on this forum ??? That speaks volumes to me. I think it maybe time to accept Make the Cut has come to and end and will flounder until for some reason it no longer operates correctly
    Guess we can be tankful the Forum is still up so that means someone is interested enough to pay the host fees
  • KwiltKwilt Member Posts: 1,359
    Miss you @Andy, @Ann & @SBryanW!!  The good old days were awesome!!
    Proud MTC Member Since: 12/25/2009

LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ LOVE MY 15" KNK MAXX!!!!
    MY BLOG: CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND COFFEE
  • linsayscrapslinsayscraps Member Posts: 395
    I would hope while the Make the Cut program is still available for Sale as per their website, that the forum, online gallery and webinars will be available to all registered owners of MTC, and if the webinars etc are to disappear, owners of the MTC program would be advised accordingly by email so that they can download or be advised how to access the videos (webinars) if they need to.  I have been here for 6 years now and many times refer to the forum or webinars for information.  I would be very disappointed if this was not available to me without any notice. I haven't used my zing very much this past year but I do still use it along with MTC at times. As the old age is catching up on me I can't retain all the knowledge I have learnt from so many helpful and knowledgeable people over the past 6 years so find the webinar and forum sources very useful for reference at times.
    Linsay from New Zealand - Just Loving my Zing
    Wow.  IF MTC dies what do we use to make the Zing work?  I knew Andy created the program but I thought KNK sold it as the software for their program.  I miss the active forum and webinars very much.
    Member 30818
    @Charo - the Zing will continue to work with MTC as it is. I don't see that MTC is going to just up and die as an application, that makes no sense at all. I run version 9 of Paint Shop Pro (PSP) off a thumb drive, and that was a program they said wouldn't even run in Windows XP!!! There are no major flaws in the Zing plugin that would affect it's operability, other than the 1" bug, and Sandy has a fix for that outlined in the User Manual. I would suggest that MTC will continue to work the way it is for quite some time. We just won't have direct cutting support to any newer cutters or perhaps newer versions of cutters.

Sure Cuts A Lot - SCAL - now supports the KNK cutters, so if you are ready to take the plunge and purchase another program, SCAL would be it. SCAL does not use plugins like MTC does, so once you have installed the program it's ready to cut to a number of supported cutters. 

There is also cutter support for the Zing in Inkscape. It is very basic, but for people that use Inkscape, it's likely all they would need. Support for cutters in Inkscape is found under Extensions => Export => Plot... in version 0.91.
This discussion has been closed.