We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to add pic [Resolved]

nonacrobertsnonacroberts Member Posts: 807
edited March 2016 in Resolved Issues
What happened to where you add pic to this form?
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
    They changed things around a couple of weeks ago.  Now you only need to "drag and drop" it into your text box when adding in your text.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,471
    @nonacroberts   I love the new feature - I just have explorer on the right half of my screen with the file showing that I want to include in a posting.  When I've written what I want in MTC I click on explorer on the taskbar and grab the file and drag it to the discussion box where in says copying and there it is.  You don't have to have explorer in front of MTC only ready to click on to bring it up when you are ready. If you want to write below it just click at the bottom of the pic and start typing.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Calgalcre8sCalgalcre8s Member Posts: 2,901
    edited March 2016

Just testing, Happy St Patrick Day!
    Image result for st patrick day

Drag and drop does not seem to work for me. I am using Google Chrome. Can anyone see the image because I cannot. Someone please let me know. TIA

Post edited by SBryanW on
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,536
    edited March 2016
    @Calgalcre8s ; I see no image
    Were you dragging a image file from you hard drive?
    You could try browsing to find the file on you hard drive
    Post edited by SBryanW on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    edited March 2016
    @Calgalcre8s - I don't see your image showing.  Here is what I see for you:

Just wanted to add, that I simply did a "drag and drop" of the screenshot I took of your post and added it to my comment box.  I am presently on a Mac using Safari.
    Go Vols!

this one I added as Crazy_Mr_Zing showed. I had it on my desktop. I clicked on the "attach image/file" icon on the bar above the "text area" and clicked on the "choose file" button that showed up there browsed to where it was and clicked on it.  You click on the 2nd icon after the emoji face (the one in between is when you want to add a URL) then the next one is to attach image/file as shown by Crazy_Mr_Zing.  (Thanks - I had not noticed that with the change.)
    Go Vols!
    Thank you Crazy_Mr_Zing . I have posted before using the icon (attach image/file) Crazy_Mr_Zing noted and that does work for me. I was testing the drag and drop method that Di-lite mentioned but it does not work for me. My sister was on my computer while I was out of town and the new changes to the forum took place. She mentioned that something was being worked on with Google Chrome due to some issues. Maybe this is related.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,536
    edited March 2016
    Yes it was mentioned the there was issue with chrome but i thought the related to the image being shown as small thumbnails

Looks like it maybe a known issue
    https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31801/not-inserting-images-after-file-upload-resolved

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Calgalcre8s   I use Chrome so I do not understand the problem you are having.  You need to have Chrome open as a full window, you need to have Explorer open as a half window with the file you want to upload within the view of it.   Click on web and of open discussion, write what you wish to say, scroll your mouse down to the bottom and click on Explorer - your screen should like this:
    Now grab and drag file over (with your left mouse down) the comment box and when it come up with Drop file here release left mouse button.
    As you can see I did this on this entry and grabbed a screen shot to drop in.  I really do hope you can do it because it is so easy.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    Di-lite ... Thanks for the detailed instructions. I see what I did wrong. I dragged and dropped in the body of the text box, not in the drop image file area.  I had used the icon before to select a image file I had on my computer but somehow missed that an image could be dragged and dropped in that space. Old age must be taking over. LOL
    @Calgalcre8s   I know the feeling - it's not often I can explain something technical - as it's usually me who doesn't get it but drag and drop is something I like.  Just wish more programs incorporated it.  It would make life so much easier.  Glad you got it sorted.  We oldies do have fun tho.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    . . .  I see what I did wrong. I dragged and dropped in the body of the text box, not in the drop image file area.  . . . 
    That's interesting because what I have been doing is doing a "drag and drop" into the body of the text box - I do not have to go into the icon area and use the drop image file area.  That may be the difference between some browsers working one way and others not.
    Go Vols!
  • nonacrobertsnonacroberts Member Posts: 807
    Thank you all.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!