We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Peacock Won't Weld [Resolved]

CharoCharo Member Posts: 740
edited February 2016 in Resolved Issues
Cannot figure out why I can't make the peacock weld to the small feather layer and even after cropping, the peacock doesn't show dashed lines.  Now what have I done please?
Member 30818
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    when you say weld are you trying to put the anchor from the body to the small feathers ?
    Bye for now, Susan susanb[email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    OH   you need to bring your peacock to closer layer so as it is on a different plain.
    AND you needed to have the legs as a shape not as an open path (which i took across to MTC and closed them   for you    put your one to the side so you can see the diference
    Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 740
    @Susan did you forget to attach a file?  I am confused.  I didn't think it was possible to weld things from two different planes.  Or maybe I'm supposed to be welding just the peacock body to it's legs?  
    Member 30818
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,536
    edited February 2016
    are trying to add anchors from the the peacocks body back the the next set of feather 
    as both the peacocks body and those feather are on the same plane

also I think There was a issue with the peacock shape the leg and body were separate shapes so i copied  the peacock back onto MTC and corrected this and pasted it into PCS again
    I'm not sure why there are 2 sets of legs behind though or if this could have been rectified in PCS either ??
    Maybe @SusanBluerobot can see while

I put the corrected peacock on a plane 1/4" in front of the feathers
    you will also need to crop a flat spot on the peacock where you want to attach the anchor

Are you converting this to a PCS just as a learning exercise as you should be cut directly from the PDF via MTC ?
    Post edited by SBryanW on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing I;m sorry to be so confused by what I think should be so simple.  My last file had the most irritating peacock at 1.25 plane.   But no matter how many times I crop the darn legs it will NOT show dotted lines.  Neither does yours, unless I am missing something really basic here.  I haven't done any of the anchoring at the tops until I solve this problem with the peacock legs.  
    I am not converting this file from anything.  Made it up following Susan's vimeo of last week except I kind of missed the fact that the peacock is supposed to be on plane 1.25.  But even after I corrected it won't show dotted lines at the bottom.
    Member 30818
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing @SusanBluerobot FINALLY I got dotted lines at bottoms of bird feet.  I have no idea why.  I just lifted it up again, sent it to the bottom again, and it finally worked.  I have done this so many times just have no idea why it finally worked.  Yikes.
    Member 30818
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing I forgot to say it worked on YOUR file; not mine.  

Member 30818
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,536
    @Charo maybe I'm leading you astray with regard to the legs
    I looked on susan's webpage for the video then thought maybe its a webinar ?

I though you were working on the file mentioned on http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/43584/trouble-importing-pdf-resolved
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing I didn't get why two sets of legs showed up in my file either.  I double-checked several times to make sure I hadn't duplicated the peacock body by accident.  All in all I thought PCS was behaving strangely yesterday.  Some times the crop tool did nothing at all, and I KNOW I was using the exclusive rectangle and the cropping button.  Susan said I needed to close the legs to make them weld with the body.  I did and it still wouldn't weld for me.  Just a too strange day.  But thanks to you and to Susan it is done.  Whew....  
    Member 30818
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,471
    @Charo   You should have changed the extra legs to foot prints!  Like the dinosaurs!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
    @Di-lite Oh I like that.  Would have given my peacock some character and paid him back for giving me such trouble.  LOL.
    Member 30818
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!