We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Completed (Mostly) Popups

Here's what I've been working on. Not one of them is perfect yet but I have been having a grand time learning about using textures. @Di-lite do you recognize your vase in Meditation Arbor (what I call the one with grapes)? And one of your curtain panels is in the Sitting Room.
Member 30818

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,913
    edited February 2016
    @Charo - I think you are doing a fabulous job. PCS is NOT an easy program to come to grips with. Especially given the minute size of some objects that are needed to put them in a card. Susan will be the first to tell you that she didn't just "get it" but it took her time to learn how to do all the things she shows us how to do. Don't be too hard on your self. Continue to use it, learn from your mistakes and you will become an expert sharing your tips with others soon enough! :smile: I have been away from PCS for so long now that I will have to go back to the basics if I ever try to make another popup card! :cry:

Oh, and I saw on another thread that you have trouble seeing those little dotted lines - I often did too as I recall. :confounded: I think @SusanBluerobot offered some tricks on how to help with that - maybe she will see and retire.

Forgot to say. These look great and thanks for taking time to share your pics.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 2,898
    edited February 2016
    @Charo That's some achievement - it looks beautiful - I think you have done a great job. Keep going you've got lots more master pieces in you. I love the marble effect in the vase one.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,216
    @Charo really came out beautifully. Love the lacy curtain and how you are embellishing your cards.
  • MeowMeow Member Posts: 511
    @Charo those are beautiful!! Where did you find that curtain panel? You mentioned it was from @Di-lite . Is it in the gallery?
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 2,898
    @Meow It's in the Gallery under panels - seach for panel and you will see quite a few variants there along with all sorts of other things.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,097
  • sewsewgoodsewsewgood Member Posts: 732
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 524
    Thanks so much all for your comments. You are all most generous as I know you can see mistakes. Before I got hooked on paper projects my hobby was painting. I am a self-taught artist and I see in dimensions, not shapes. It has been quite a switch! Trying to make a three-dimensional landscape in paper is FAR more difficult than painting it.
    Member 30818
  • PaperCreationsPaperCreations Member Posts: 259
    Beautiful cards
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,166
    Fantastic cards
    Bye for now, Susan susanbluerobot@gmail.com | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • yupyup Member Posts: 318
    You are doing so great!
    @Meow and everyone I am pretty sure I forgot to mention that I was able to make my Sitting Room card because @Meow shared her Flower Basket file. I didn't know how to slant the lines (I do now) so I copied and flipped the file upside down to make a table. I am really loving popup files that can be used many ways.
    OK my friends. This day is ending, and on a good note, as @SusanBluerobot saved my bacon again with the Gazebo card.
    Member 30818
    edited February 2016
    @Charo, I am so happy my file helped you. I was looking at your card wondering how you did that table. I have been watching the webinars on making chairs in PCS studio. I hope to try a card like that soon. Did you glue the flower pots on top of the table or are they pop ups?
    @Meow  I made little tabs on the flower pots that stick through slots I cut in the table top (with Susan's "square") and then the tabs are glued to underneath table top.   It was kind of tricky for me because of course the placement of the slots has to be just right, and they weren't first time around.  I am always amazed at how often Susan uses the square to make things.  My chairs by the way had too skinny of pieces sticking out the sides; they get in the way when opening.  I am attaching the file just in case you would like to play with it.  Remember none of my files are perfect.  For instance the rug texture ended up slightly too big to fit exactly; not sure how I managed to do that.  And the chair legs are going to break soon; they need to be wider.  Next I want to try to make that bench Susan made in her gazebo video.
    Member 30818
    @Charo  Thanks for those files.  I keep trying to attach my pi card file but my computer won't complete uploading.  I am going to try it again today.
This discussion has been closed.