We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Gazebo Popup

Help my friends please. I have spent hours watching Susan's Part II fix and trying to make it work. I cannot. I don't see any dotted lines when using crop tool and I cannot get the left side anchor where it is in Susan's video. Such a cute card for such TROUBLE!
Member 30818

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,544
    ok you appear to have started the started steps on the back plan rather than the pylon
    Check the video PCS 025 gazebo pop up card at about 10min 16 seconds
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,168
    edited February 2016
    I made this Video BUT disregard and go to Gazebo help TWO that should help

THis one should be better
    Post edited by SusanBluerobot on
    Bye for now, Susan susanbluerobot@gmail.com | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,544
    edited February 2016
    Thanks @SusanBluerobot But it was @Charo using having issue I Just chimed in

I think Charo may need to draw the arch again as it appears to have more the 7 steps

I will check the video to as I could seem to manage to see the issue
    Post edited by SBryanW on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • yupyup Member Posts: 324
    Charo, I have to tell you that this project is the one that made me give up on PCS altogether. I went over and over this video so many times and never figured out how to do it. I hope you have better luck than I had.
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 550
    Thank you @SusanBluerobot for making a video for me. And @Zing I do see I was on wrong plane on left side. However I have been on the correct plane a whole bunch of times with no luck. And still no luck. In Susan's videos the red and blue lines turn to dots when she is where she is supposed to be to click. The red dots appear for me but the blue dots never do and I cannot find them no matter what snapping I use and I have tried them all from 1/8 inch down. I have tried all kinds of angles and zooms; no luck. It looks so easy on your videos Susan. Can't understand why I can't manage to do it. I made the cat on the stairs card; this is worse!
    Member 30818
    @yup this is a problem one alright. Like you I gave it up weeks ago as I was just starting into PCS and thought I didn't know enough. I've learned a lot but I guess not enough because I sure cannot make my PCS screen look like Susan's on this one. It's such a cute card I guess I'll have to use it without the arch railings. Somehow I got it done once a while back but the anchor on the right edge was so small it immediately broke.
    Member 30818
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,307
    @Charo - a couple of tricks and tips that might help you- it is very hard to see the red and blue lines in the default pink color of pcs. We have found that setting the background color to grey helps see the lines better. Also continually doing print preview and using shift d to get to the right plane. Sometimes when I can't get the anchors long enough to the back, I draw them anyway and then sent them to the back plane and fill in in front the length that I missed and weld the pieces of the anchors together. And third one is - not all basic shapes have a flat bottom even though they look flat - they are not constructed with a line - but have a bezier curve instead. You have to crop those so they can be made flat - and when used will form a fold line at the planes that are perpendicular to them.

When I go to make my card and it has lots of small anchors - I use my embossing tool instead of the blade and then change the fold lines to solid (I don't like the noise of the embossing tool when it makes a lot of tiny line segments).
    @leslie6111 Hi Leslie. ALL the planes in this pesky gazebo are grey. I can see the red and blue dotted lines when in select mode but not in bezier or crop mode. Isn't that strange. I don't think welding will work in this case, as you can't weld from one plane to another. At least I don't think you can. That's a good trick about chopping off a line just in case it isn't straight. Although it didn't work for this pesky railing arch. I guess I'd better quit looking at this for a while and go cook breakfast. My husband would be thankful for a breakfast finally anyway. LOL.
    Member 30818
    @Charo - What did you set your background color at? You should be able to see the red and blue lines when you get in to crop and draw with the pen. Maybe you need to zoom in more or change your snapping. Another good trick when the anchors are the same length between planes is to copy and paste them over so you do not have to redraw them every time. it is frustrating that you cannot draw in z - only in x and y, so it is hard to go diagonally back.
    @leslie6111 All the colors are grey. Here is my file again so you can see how zoomed in I am and I still can't get it right. When I use 1/8 inch snap as Susan does I can't get to the right edge of the first post even. Grrrr. I think I should give up on having a railing top and just go build the bench. P. S. I see there are a couple of duplicate cutting lines. That was caused because one edge of the posts was not lined up correctly. I tweaked it in place and could delete the extra cutting lines in MTC.
    Member 30818
    @Charo HERE it is here is a way that might help you get around this and others too . Want to make it easier for you all fingers crossed
    Bye for now, Susan susanbluerobot@gmail.com | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
    @Charo besides the transparency trick - chose the darker grey. Also don't even try to get it close. Susan's eyes are better than mine. I also cannot see where to draw my lines at first either. Draw your first autoquad far out on the plane away from the gazebo you want to use and hit the send to the bottom plane. Keep checking in print preview until the cut lines change to score lines where the rectangle you just drew hits perpendicular to the column of the gazebo you want it to attach to.
    @Susan THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I got the first one, right side, on the first try. The left one took forever. Finally I opened your video and my file side by side, checking each line and each point. I think maybe I wasn't clicking far enough to the right side of the left post. Anyway I so appreciate you and all your help. I love this gazebo and I think it has many uses. I made this from your vimeo but it isn't my idea. Is it OK if I sent this file to the gallery for other folks that got driven crazy by this file?
    Thank you again. With your help it was a nice ending to an extremely frustrating day!
    Member 30818
    Charo said:
    . I made this from your vimeo but it isn't my idea. Is it OK if I sent this file to the gallery for other folks that got driven crazy by this file? Thank you again. With your help it was a nice ending to an extremely frustrating day!
    It is hard for me to comment on this. The reason for the videos is to teach people how to use the PCS, and the reason i don't share the files is that then it is done and no one explores there own PCS program to its full uses. So guess it is your file and you have the choice as to what you do with it .

P.S. Last time i wrote this statement, things did not go well. Please take this in the was of "teach a person to fish and they eat for life"
    @SusanBluerobot OK I get it.  I won't post to gallery.  Although personally every file I see helps me better understand what I am looking at and what needs to be done.  If I had to wait for beautiful popups on my own I'd give it all up.  Having some ready to go encourages me.
    Member 30818
This discussion has been closed.