We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

piece of cake pop up

MeowMeow Member Posts: 511
edited January 2016 in Help for Popup Card Studio
UPDATE: Right after I posted this I went back and looked at the picture again and it hit me how to do it. I tried to delete this entire quetion, but it won't let me.

I would like to know how to make the piece of cake/pie in the card linked to below using PCS. I know that the left edge is done with arched steps, but I don't know how to get the rest of the pie --the angled part on the front that extends to the back of the card. I thought about posting this request for the upcoming weekly webinar, but I imagine that it is probably a basic question. Thanks.
Here is the link: http://img10.deviantart.net/9261/i/2009/036/3/6/cake_slice_popup_card_by_lava_tomato.png

ETA: If this would be a good question for the webinar, I will ask it there.

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,216
    edited January 2016
    @Meow It is just 2 different ached step shapes merged together in a sort of triangular shape. Then you place it some distance above the bottom plane. You can practice draw it anywhere that is easiest for you and move it when you get it looking right above the bottom plane by setting pen tool to ached steps. Then draw your rectangular anchors down at each step (change the pen tool to autoquad to draw the vertical anchors).( I won't say it is a piece of cake - maybe a piece of pie? )
    I also want to add a personal preference, When I draw my anchors, I try to draw them back to front so not to upset the z order.
    You also might find it easier to draw the arched steps a certain way - like top to bottom. You can always flip them or mirror them after they are drawn.
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,166
    Meow said:

ETA: If this would be a good question for the webinar, I will ask it there.

Ask it there and I can demo it for you
    Bye for now, Susan susanbluerobot@gmail.com | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • MeowMeow Member Posts: 511
    @SusanBluerobot, thank you so much. I will ask it.
This discussion has been closed.