We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Who still uses the old mtc version which works with the cricut?

Hi guys and ladys, i have a serious problem. Who of you is using an make the cut version which supports the cricut machine? If so can you contact me please? Drop me a pm please i am ove here in germany in deep trouble after a thinderstrike "toastet"my laptop.
Would be great if one of you could contact me. My mail adress is rathmannstephan@aol.com.
Thx a thousand times in advance.
Stephan

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,967
    Hi Stephan and welcome to the Make the Cut support forum. I see you just joined the forum today. If you are looking for someone to provide you with one of the older versions of MTC to work with a Cricut that is not legally something anyone can do. That version hasn't been available now for more than 3 years I believe.

Provocraft sued MTC and all other 3rd party software programs years ago to force them to remove the ability to use their programs with PC cutters. They sued MTC not once but twice to ensure that the ability to use the "plugin" was completely removed. That is why even if you had a licensed version before that MTC and other software programs can not give you a "copy" of the program - it is no doubt one of the "requirements" that was stipulated to settle the lawsuits I am sure (I say that as I have no insider knowledge of actual settlement agreements and specific terms.) Means it is also not legal for anyone to give you a copy or a copy of the required plugin file I am afraid. This is why it was preached and preached and preached again here for months if not years after the lawsuits that you need to make and keep multiple back up copies of the program and files because you cannot legally obtain it anymore.

I am sorry for the loss of your computer and thus your use of MTC if you had it and didn't have a backup version.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.