We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to make Christmas Pop up Cards - AOC Craft

ThecuttingartThecuttingart Member Posts: 25
edited December 2015 in Cool Sites
[MAYBE YOU DON'T KNOW]
You have seen many unique pop-up cards, so do you know how they were created
Please watch this video below

See more at http://aoccraft.com/category/blog/
Thanks
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,186
    @Thecuttingart - have you checked out Popup Card Studio? It is another piece of software written by the same person who developed Make The Cut!, for which this is a forum to support and help others learn how to use the products with their cutters. I have not watched the video of this, but I can see that it looks more like slideforms than actual "popup out of the existing cardstock" projects that PCS would allow one to create.
  • ThecuttingartThecuttingart Member Posts: 25
    I'm interesting in your software. It's helpful for creating popup card pattern. But now i'm using sketchup, coreldraw and photoshop together to creat card, because we need to use color/texture on our cards.
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,253
    @Thecuttingart popup card studio in conjunction with make the cut! would be useful for designing popup cards like the church you posted, including being able to add colors and and textures and other graphics but it doesn't do sliceforms - like the xmas tree. For that you would either have to use a different 3d program specifically for sliceforms like you are doing with sketchup or try to manually do this in a 2 D program like Make the Cut!

I also noticed that you are using a laser cutter - most of us on the forum are using these programs with drag blade cutters since they can communicate directly to our cutters. You can however directly export your work in svg or other formats so that you can use what you designed in your laser software. You might want to try out a demo of these programs and see if they would be useful to you.
    @Thecuttingart - this forum supports users of Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio, and the variety of electronic cutters that are supported by Make The Cut! Your projects are kind of just off in another direction, and you are using software most of our members are not using to create the projects that they create, which also use colour and texture.
    I think we are on base technical to creat the same things, only diffirent about tool. And I only sugget more way for creat, and more ideas for your group. But i'm sorry if you don't like this :smile:
    I have experience in designing popup card, so maybe it helpful for you to find some technical or ideas for using your software to DIY.
    edited December 2015
    @Thecuttingart - I did not say I did not like this. I am just pointing out that this is a forum for users of Make The Cut! and supported cutters, it would be more interesting if your files were in svg format so they could be used in our software, or in .mtc format, which is the file type for Make The Cut!, or you showed how to create the files in the Make The Cut! program, not another program that most people here do not use. This would be more on topic for this forum. Many of our members have a limited scope when creating technical files such as yours.
    I'll take care that. Thanks
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 2,925
    @Thecuttingart I have found what you have put up very interesting. If you can put an odd file up now and then in svg format people here would genuinely appreciate it. The amount of work you put into your projects is enormous and your artistic and technical skill is superb. I'm afraid most of us are aspiring card makers with limited money and limited equipment. We all dream of the facilities you have and each thinks one day I will have one of those. (Laser cutter / router) Not very likely I'm afraid. That means the thickest we are likely to cut is 300-350 gsm or equivalent. We use work a rounds like doubling up and gluing card to get a more sturdy finish. The KNK Force which is about to come on line is the nearest to what you have and we are all very excited about it. Check out 'Teaser Alert' (an earlier post). It still isn't up to a laser cutter but is the closes we can afford to get. Please stick around as it's nice to see what others can achieve although it's very likely to be one way, to our benefit!!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
    Thanks for reply,
    Sometime we use CNC/laser machine for the big quantity or hard material (as 10-15mm nature wood). And in nomally, we also cutting by craft knife in handicraft method (print pattern, then use craft knife cut by hand).
    @Thecuttingart Yes I noticed on your ferris wheel that you did that. It's the sort of file that in svg format would be cut on our cutters providing there are no hidden lines underneath. Only a few intrepid card makers have a talent with a scalpel like you do. Your talents are greatly appreciated.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,483
    Looking at the speed of that scalpel cutting I think Thecuttingart would be finished before I loaded the cutting mat
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    I agree that's some wizardry.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,739
    Fun to watch. Thank you.
  • PaperCreationsPaperCreations Member Posts: 259
    I really enjoy watching your videos. I am blown away at how easy you make designing a card and then cutting it out by hand. My hope is to try one of your patterns from your website, especially one of the sliceforms and thread combinations. Thanks again, for sharing the joy of paper crafting with us.
    You are welcome :smile:
  • SimmerSimmer Member Posts: 478
    I totally agree, this year I bite the bullet and bought adobe suite and my glass software is 820.00 so if this is ever free or on a trial I'd love to play with it.
This discussion has been closed.