We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC file for "elf footprints"

MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
edited December 2015 in Shares
Hey All. I saw something similar today in a different format from a cutting file and thought they were cute and would be easy to create so I used the basic node editing tools to create these. Thought they would be cute on a baby's bib, t-shirt or sweatshirt, etc. I have uploaded the file to the MTC gallery as elf footprints. Also attaching it here for those wanting immediate download before they forget. I also chose to only share the file as a MTC file and not as an SVG file and ask that no one convert the file and not distribute it. Thanks for your understanding.
Go Vols!
Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
Post edited by MeFlick on

Comments

• TishCutsTishCuts Member Posts: 110
    Very cute!! Thanks for sharing.
    From Knoxville TN
    Windows 8.1, Silhouette Cameo, MTC 4.6.1, PCS 1.1.0, Craft Artist 2 Pro
  • WenWen Member Posts: 831
    Awww thank you
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,471
    I think they are delightful - if cut out slight larger kids (parents) could park them around the house for a present hunt.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
    That's a cute idea D-lite and something I will keep in mind. I have in the past made my kids go on a treasure hunt with clues when they were getting a specific gift that I wanted them to spend a little time before finding. While no longer younger kids, I was still considering doing one again this year but hadn't decided on gifts that I would need to make them seek out.
    Go Vols!
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,471
    @MeFlick just an extra thought they could printed in different colours for different trails along with a riddle/clue to the next pair! Could be a lot of fun. Also you don't necessarily have to hide the present only award it when all the clues have been found. Could be a lot of merriment as they try to decipher the clues.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,536
    edited December 2015
    You could make then different sizes and place them so it look like a family of elves have been walking together (hhm are these Santas's do they have families)

I sort of thinking of those fossilised foot prints they found somewhere they explained them as being a family as there where adult and children size feet
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Saw an idea on Pinterest using a Santa boot print. I am planning to do a few of those on my sidewalk and front porch for my granddaughter. Thinking it would be cute to use both or maybe use the elf print for a few days before Christmas to show that the elves have been checking to see if she has been naughty or nice.
    From Knoxville TN
    All cute ideas. When I myself was young (and one of 4 children) we lived in one state and sometimes visited a Grandmother who lived out of State for Christmas (it was my dad's mom, widowed, and he was an only child.) We would usually go home to our house I think either Christmas day or maybe the day after can't recall now. But that meant that Santa had to deliver to our house and we had to wait until we got home to see what Santa brought. (Because with 4 kids and 2 adults, there was no room in the car to bring it home and no $ to ship it back and forth! :wink: ) That was always agonizing to wait! Anyway, one year when some of us were getting old enough to question the existence of Santa (which we all know kids do but also know that they all learn he does exist if you just believe no matter your age :wink: ) When we got home, it had snowed while we were away and we found Santa's footprints in the snow on the sidewalk and the porch (we didn't have a chimney at that house). :smile: we were so excited because we KNEW they were his footprints because they only went one way up to the front door. There were no retreating footsteps away from the house (because Santa used his magic on his retreat! :wink: ) That bought my parents a couple of more years of no questions asked I believe. :lol:
    Go Vols!
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,536
    @Melflick What a Great story and a great childhood memory for you. We left out Some cake or Biscuits and a "Beer" For Santa ???. I was the Youngest of 2 and Older sister had come to the realisation as older children do and kept trying to tell me but I would not have it. Unfortunately Once Santa was delayed so when we woke at probably 4 or 5am Santa hadn't been the my doubts set in
    Christmas seems to loose some of it magic as children come to the realisation
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Rosie0530Rosie0530 Member Posts: 3,136
    These are adorable! Thank you!
    Rosie in VA. originally from PA. Proverbs3:5,6
  • frogquilterfrogquilter Member Posts: 1,277
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,340
    Thanks everyone - glad you like them. Please do share pics/stories should you choose to use them now or in the future!
    Go Vols!
  • MeravaleMeravale Member Posts: 1,039
    Ohhh, I was going to do the flour Santa prints, these would be perfect for helper prints along with it :smiley:
    :smile:
    Go Vols!
  • CravNCraftNCravNCraftN Member Posts: 354
    MeFlick, thank you for these!! They'll be awesome on our grandkids shirts & maybe a few sweatpants/pajama pants. LOL
    Take Care & God Bless, Dee H Proud Wife & Mother of 2 Wonderful American Army Veterans!!! Silhouette Cameo, Cricut Expression, Cricut Cake
    great Dee @CravNCraftN glad some may find a good use for them. Hope anybody who uses can get photos and share. :smiley:
    Go Vols!
    @MeFlick Thanks so much for the elf footprint file. I made stencils of the elf prints and santa boots. They were a huge hit with my granddaughter.
    From Knoxville TN
    Glad it made a great memory for you and your family @Tishcuts. Thanks for taking the time to share your pics. Cute ideas!
    Go Vols!
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 846
    Wow you are all full of great ideas. The elf prints are adorable @meflick thanks for sharing. ~ Diane
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!