We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Crashing debug information

walshsurveywalshsurvey Member Posts: 551
When a program crashes designers can elect to collect data about the crash and when you get the dialog that your program crashed you can choose to see debug. See the dialog below. That would be so amazing. I am having such trouble with MTC crashing. It is the only program that crashes my computer and everyone just tells me that I should have smaller images or other limitations. BUT I have had others do the same thing I am doing with the same file and it isn't crashing.

I have my video drivers updated to the current standard through the video card manufacturers website. I have gone through a number of "fixes" but I haven't had any joy.

Debug detail would really help. I hope!!

Something that I think would be cool would be to be able to mark some shapes as non-cutting. It would mean adding another property to the class. But think about how easy it would make printing and cutting. I cannot tell you the number of times that I ruined a label or sticker I've made by accidentally cutting the words or objects on the sticker. I think the best way for users to access the field would be in the "change color texture line" menu item. Also great about this is that you don't have to add lines to the corners to keep the registration marks in the same place.

Thanks for listening
Connie
I have my work cut out for me!
I am CutWoman - I just need the black spandex and ears.
Gallery ID: 20273

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,160
    Maybe I miss understand but if you put the shapes that you don't want to cut on another layer and hide that layer they won't get cut
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • walshsurveywalshsurvey Member Posts: 551
    Yes, but the thing I always forget is to hide the layer after printing. If it was at the design phase then I don't have to remember which would be good. I tend to cut things out more than once (I do kids crafts and if I have to remember every time I make a craft then I will inevitably screw up.
    Connie
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,160
    Ok Would be a useful addition
    I screw things up too I try to double or even triple check everything before I click cut . Most times I catch my mistakes but not always then I get angry that I've wasted materials

I guess another workaround for projects that you will cut many times is to make a copy of the project on a new page and have one page Setup for printing and one for cutting . still idea would make life simpler
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,315
    @walshsurvey CrazyZing's idea is probably the best one copy page and 'paste in place' on new page. Rename one print and one cut. The other way is to do all or as much as you can of print and then reset for cut and cut a batch at a time. It's frustrating when you have every just right and then forget some click or tick and get it all mussed up.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • walshsurveywalshsurvey Member Posts: 551
    Mostly, I have a hidden layer with all the pieces separate (so if I want to change something later I can) and then I have the final layer with the pieces modged into a texture snapshot. I just really think that this major on my wish list along with grouping.

I screw it up enough that it is worthy. Today I had stickers for one girl (frozen) and I had to go back and edit the stickers to change the name for another girl and forgot to turn off the layer.

I hope an update is coming really soon. It seems like a long time.
    Connie
This discussion has been closed.