We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Update to MTC

dimahidimahi Member Posts: 421
edited May 2015 in Wishlist!
I'm not sure if there is going to be a future update to MTC or not...and I have asked for this before...I am doing a lot of custom orders of the same design, just changing the name and or the font choice and I have to either use Silhouette program or SCAL and then save as an svg to cut with MTC. I love the ease of being able to do this so quickly and not having to recreate sizing and placement every time...wishng for this feature to be a part of MTC...I love this program and I hate having to come in and out of it as I would really like it to be my one go to software to meet all my needs. Thanks for all you do and for the great program you have provided...but if you are doing any new updates, this would be the one feature I would absolutely be excited to have!
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• littlebitkaylittlebitkay Member Posts: 145
    Why don't you just cut with the Silhouette program???
  • kmmhugkmmhug Member Posts: 890
    I am confused as that sounds to me like something that would be easy to do. Simply save the file and the name on different layers. Delete the layer with the name you don't want and add the new name to the layer.
    Loving my Cougar, Cameo and new Pazzle Vue!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,021
    @dimahi - like @kmmhug I too am confused, as it sounds fairly simple, and yes as @littlebitkay asks, if MTC doesn't suit for this project, then why not cut from Silhouette? :D

The only thing I can guess at that you are asking for, because you haven't actually stated clearly at all what it is you want (ie, I would like to do this, and get this result), is being able to select an existing word shape in MTC to change the text or font used. That from my understanding would actually not be an update, that I believe would be a bit of a major overhaul to how MTC works with text (ie it converts it to a vector shape and its not longer recognized as text).
  • dimahidimahi Member Posts: 421
    I can't cut with the Sil program as I have a Zing.

In both Sil and SCAL, you can choose your word that you typed and by down arrowing change the font till you find one that you like...so for example...you type a subway art and you use one font to type the whole thing...then you can highlight just one phrase and without retyping and sizing it, just select and go to your fonts and choose the font...nothing is moved and size remains the same.

It has been a part of SCAL since the beginning and I just found it in Sil this past week or so when I was doing cups with the same design but doing individual names... I don't have to recreate the curve around a shape etc.

If I could cut from either of those programs I probably would, but my favorite program is MTC...I do everything else in MTC and I have to cut with this program because I have a Zing...my business has increased and just looking for some time saving features...it's not a big deal if you are doing just one project that doesn't need to be changed for every order....maybe I can do a video to show what I mean or Here is a link to Alice's video to show the technique that Silhouette has...which I find is easier than SCAL as far as keeping the shape and ease of moving if need be.
    https://www.facebook.com/alice.isenbart/videos/886628261375263/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,021
    @dimahi - yes, as I thought...would be a feature that lots would appreciate. However, I ain't holding my breath :D
  • scrappingmom2007scrappingmom2007 Member Posts: 1,433
    @dimahi I couldn't get your link to work.
    Pazzles Vue and Silhouette portrait owner.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,150

@dimahi I couldn't get your link to work.

Me either - this is error message that appears:

Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • dimahidimahi Member Posts: 421
    Hopefully this link will work...you will see the ease of changing the words and she doesn't show how quickly you can change the fonts in this video, but all you have to do is select the text, and then go to your fonts and click on them...if you only want to change one letter, you can do that also...trust me it can be used so much for designing subway art to so much more. Here's a different video that Alice made but it will give you the info I am seeking.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!