We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

monograms for manicures & pedicures

cricketstitchescricketstitches Member Posts: 13
Hello All!
I've had a customer ask me to cut vinyl for her nails. She wants a monogram and the number 10. Can someone please tell me what kind of vinyl I should use and what size font? Any help is appreciated!!

Cheers,
Lorelei

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,241
    @cricketstitches - I don't know what type of vinyl you would use, I'd look for nail kits and figure it out from there, or google for the answer. As to font size, in Make The Cut! there is no font size. You place your text on the mat and size it to the size that you need.
  • HolleyMcHolleyMc Member Posts: 22
    I made some for my dd. Her Boyfirend wore #12 on the football team and she wanted to have his # on her ring fingernail. I used the Varsity font and measured her nail. We sized it in MTC to fit. We just peeled them off and put them on using a toothpick to help line it up and covered it with 2 coats of clear polish. We used Oracal 631 since we were using the clear to top it. Hope this helps!
    Wife, Dance Mom, Cheer Mom, Full-time working Mom
  • cricketstitchescricketstitches Member Posts: 13
    HolleyMc said:

I made some for my dd. Her Boyfirend wore #12 on the football team and she wanted to have his # on her ring fingernail. I used the Varsity font and measured her nail. We sized it in MTC to fit. We just peeled them off and put them on using a toothpick to help line it up and covered it with 2 coats of clear polish. We used Oracal 631 since we were using the clear to top it. Hope this helps!

Thank you, so much!! This is the answer I was hoping for!
  • cricketstitchescricketstitches Member Posts: 13
    Liz_A said:

@cricketstitches - I don't know what type of vinyl you would use, I'd look for nail kits and figure it out from there, or google for the answer. As to font size, in Make The Cut! there is no font size. You place your text on the mat and size it to the size that you need.

Thank you!
  • daffeydildaffeydil Member Posts: 3,005
    @cricketstitches , post pictures of what you come up with. This sounds like a fun thing to do that my daughters and granddaughters would like.
    Sharon
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,241
    @cricketstitches - you are welcome! I used a font named Agency FB to add text to Christmas jingle bells. The letters are very thin and lend themselves well to a smaller size.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!