We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cameo 2?

cutitoutcutitout Member Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in General
Hi all i had the fist edition cameo and sold it on just as they released to new software(I heard it wasn't very good at the time) my question is do I upgrade now a year on? as tomorrow I take delivery of the cameo 2. Will I run into problems if I upgrade the software or shall I leave the version I've got (2.9.45d) on my computer as it is?

Many thanks

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,188
    Welcome to the Make the Cut! (MTC) Support forum. It is a support forum for a 3rd party software program that works with a variety of different cutters including the Silhouette line of machines which includes both the original Cameo and the Cameo 2 machines.

Sounds like you are looking for a support forum dedicated to the use of the Silhouette machines and their programs. You can find the one that I am aware of here:http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus/index/

If you ever want to give MTC a try with your cutter - you can download a trial version of it from their home page here:http://make-the-cut.com along with the "plug-in" for it to talk to your machine. There are some limitations in the trial version (can't print from it, export from it, access the MTC Gallery (user provided designs for free of which there are over 10,000 of), and it will cut "watermarks" into anything you cut but you can try all of its other tools and features out.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • cutitoutcutitout Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much :)
  • CariadCariad Member Posts: 127
    Isn't it version 2.9 that allows you to save as .svg? I would keep that as the newer software only allows you to save as .studio files.
    imageWales in the UK
    Pazzle Inspiration, Vue and Cameo User
    Mac ( Yosemine with Windows 7 partition))
    MTC, Invue and Studio software.
    notimeforwashingup.blogspot.com
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,188
    Cariad said:

Isn't it version 2.9 that allows you to save as .svg? I would keep that as the newer software only allows you to save as .studio files.

No, @Cariad it is version 1.9 or 2.0 of the Designer Edition and it is only the PC versions (Mac doesn't work) that had the "glitch" that let you manually save to an SVG file (I say "manually because you have to manually add the .svg file extension when you do a file "save as" - it does not give an actual option to save as an .svg file)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!