We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Photo into star

Hi all
I'm quite new to silhouette but I wondered if anyone can help.
I wanted to know if once you have uploaded a JPEG photograph into silhouette, can I cut it out into a star shape on screen?
I know I can put the pic on screen then place a star shape over it and it will cut as a star but I want to make it a star on screen and then be able to delete the outer edges of the photo that's not a star.
I hope you can understand this lol and hope you can help

Thanks Sarah :-)

Comments

• markusofmarkusof Member Posts: 458
    put photo in back and star in front select both and join, then layer up
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,913
    Hi Sarah. Welcome to the Make the Cut! (MTC) Support forum. MTC is a 3rd party software program that works with a variety of different cutters including the Silhouette line of machines. Since it appears that you just joined the forum, and posted your first question - let's first clarify - are you using the MTC software program or are you trying to work with the Silhouette program? If the Silhouette program then you may find the best and quickest help at a Silhouette dedicated forum. You can find the one that I am aware of here:http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus/index/

I believe that markusof simple directions relate to doing what you inquired about with MTC.

You can learn more about MTC here on the forum and on their home site where you can also download a trial version of the program should you ever want to check it out. That is found here:http://www.make-the-cut.com
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,092
    Sounds like we are using Silhouette Studio.
This discussion has been closed.