We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Thicker paper/chipboard help needed

walshsurveywalshsurvey Member Posts: 553
I am looking for a thicker paper/chipboard/some other hard material that will work consistently with my zing. I think I need about 1 mil thickness. Bristol board (or poster board for you Americans) is nice but I think I would have to glue 2 or 3 pieces together to get the right thickness.

I am having trouble finding chipboard that doesn't disintegrate while cutting (it literally becomes dust). I bought some from Michael's and it was labeled 50 PT chipboard. It was quite thick (approx 2 mil). But I had some other chipboard that I picked up somewhere and with the same settings it cut like a dream. It was thinner but seemed to have a different construction. Where do you get your chipboard and how do you know if it will cut nicely or not?

I like cereal boxes but I am doing a lot of cuts and the cereal boxes I have are all different thicknesses and I don't want to keep adjusting to get it to work.
Connie
I have my work cut out for me!
I am CutWoman - I just need the black spandex and ears.
Gallery ID: 20273

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!