We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette & KNK owners?

I can get a perfect print and cut most times on my Maxx Air without using an inset.
Sometimes I don't though and it is probably my eyes not seeing the red dot as well as I might. Or maybe I get in a hurry.
Can the Silhouttte Portrait get a good PNC without an inset and is it easier to line up?
Thanks.
Kathy
Kathy G. Past Glories Cutting with a KNK Maxx Air.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,926
    @pastglories - if you are not happy with your print and cut, you need to go at the calibration again...that is key. I have both the Zing and the Maxx Air, and I wasn't happy until they were precise. For aligning, to help me out I use a small LED flash-light to shine on the mat when aligning the red dots, and this works well. I can tell by how small the dot gets and the change in light intensity when its on the mark.

The Silhouettes have what I personally call "print and pray it cuts" (compared to the KNK cutters), because you don't have any control over the process other than initiating it, if the cutter decides it's not seeing those reg marks, there is not much you can do make it, other than try some of the many suggestions that have been offered up here, that are not always successful. It uses a different technology than the Maxx Air does.

If you need help with the calibration, please ask, we have lots of print and cut experts on board to help!
  • juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,871
    I too have difficulty with seeing the red dot accurately, so even after spending up to 10 hours calibrating and getting it as close as I can, I don't have perfect print and cut projects with the Zing. Adding an inset cutting line does help, though. I have found a better option for me is using the Print and Cut option with the Pazzles Vue. No eyestrain for me, and I have never had an issue with the machine not finding the registration marks.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,372
    Sometime the issue with an accurate PNC has nothing to do with the calibration or how accurately you line up the light. It has to do with the tracing itself. So, if you had success in the past and now, on a different file, you do not, then zoom in closely in the software to look at the trace line around the image and compare it to what you got as a result of the cut. Of course, this may not be the issue at all, but it's the first thing I would check.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!