We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to center an image texture within PNC

I'm trying to center a texture/image within item to be cut; it would be a print and cut piece. I've gone back and forth adjusting the texture offset, but that can take forever. Is there a simpler way? Or maybe a setting to allow me to preview while I'm making the adjustment? See the screenshot I've attached for an example...
Thx,
Sharon in Iowa
1.jpg 131.1K
*** Sharon IA ***

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,366
    edited January 2015
    @sberg_IA I assume the texture you are working with is the tree within white rectangle background. Make a rectangle the same size as the white part. Add the texture to that. Then stack this rectangle within the box (yellow) that you want to cut out. Select in print options registration marks and uncheck shape outlines. Print the page and only the tree with cats will print assuming that the box shape is white as well. When you cut close the texture rectangle layer. Rob from scrappydew had a video a while back in how to line up textures using make the cut. It was ingenious and he used a rectangular shape at (0,0) to line up a light house in a shape. It would be an alternate way from what I am suggesting.
  • HappyCrafterHappyCrafter Member Posts: 2,660
    Recently I wanted to center several textured images and it was faster for me to do it this way than using the slider to find the center of each texture I was importing. Read Althea's answer in this thread:

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/40597/texturized-image-and-boolean-join-resolved#latest

There are also webinar's on it.

I was using textured images that were 8.5x11 and 12x12, so I made a rectangle or a square those sizes and texturized them and was then able to place my image where I wanted it within the image I wanted to center it on. HTH
    As long as the bicycle wheels are still turning, life is good. Sharon in North Central Idaho
  • markusofmarkusof Member Posts: 458
    quick video
    import texture 1 color texture / blackout
    make a circle/square etc
    move the texture to top
    join texture an box/circle
    layer up
    put where want
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y61elp0n5fn1o07/MTCPullaTexture.mp4?dl=0
  • sberg_IAsberg_IA Member Posts: 25
    Thanks guys... I should have thought of putting it on it's own layer where it could be turned off and on for cutting and is easily sized to fit.
    Sharon
    *** Sharon IA ***
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!